*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Gotta agree with peoples dislike for touch screen, its the main reason the tablet\phone will remain a less than great gaming device. I can pick up and play some silly games on it. But the majority of decent games just dont translate over well. Yes, I can name loads of great looking games, but they just don't feel fiddley. beginning to end. The majority of "good" games on a tablet, are generally the ones akin to facebook style games.

That's why vita and 3DS are still around, and I can't see them vanishing any time soon.

Also, I'm loving the support they're bringing with the PS4. I know a lot of people dislike the Vita, but from what I've seen so far. It would seem it may be suffering due to it's early release. As most it's functionality seems to pair it with PS4.

Last edited:
I agree with wannabedamned, I've got GTA III and VC for the iPad and the controls are an absolute pig to use at times. I'd much rather play LCS and VCS on the Vita. It's the same with other serious games too, I downloaded Max Payne and it was absolutely unplayable on my Note II. Real games need real physical buttons, something tangible with feedback, not the utter guesswork of using a touchscreen to steer or aim.

Touchscreens work fine for limited games like Angry Birds and PvZ, but they fall down at anything which requires more than that. I couldn't even play R-Type on my phone due to my fingers gradually moving on the screen as I played, missing the on screen buttons and then dying as a result.

Another +1 for the Vita - plenty of games *need* physical controls to be truly enjoyable, and - IMHO - many Vita games are streets ahead of phone/tablet equivalents.

Back on thread, the Vita - PS4 link is something I am really looking forward to about the new console; for me, Remote Play on both PSP and VITA on PS3 has not really been much of a success, but I am confident that the enhanced functionality PS4 version is going to bring will make the Vita a very worthwhile possession.

If the Vita can remote play almost every PS4 game then I can see it taking off better than it has. But TBH I think that is a big if.

It can and it will.

Quite a few developers have already said their games will have remote play,
i.e. FF14, BF4, AC4.
One the devs (zombie studios I believe) said the game has to be remote play enabled to pass Sony's authorisation.

Whether this helps shift Vita's I'm not sure but the thought of be able to play games like Battlefield 4 while at work shouldn't do it's fortune's any harm.....

It can and it will.

Quite a few developers have already said their games will have remote play,
i.e. FF14, BF4, AC4.
One the devs (zombie studios I believe) said the game has to be remote play enabled to pass Sony's authorisation.

Whether this helps shift Vita's I'm not sure but the thought of be able to play games like Battlefield 4 while at work shouldn't do it's fortune's any harm.....

Have they said it works over the internet? My understanding is that it's only for use on the same LAN.

Have they said it works over the internet? My understanding is that it's only for use on the same LAN.

I'm not sure but I can't see why not if the PS3's remote play works over the internet.....

edit: just had a read up and Shu confirmed via twitter that you can play anywhere over wifi. (P.S. I don't know who Shu is but it sounds Japanese so I'm assuming he/she has something to do with Sony?)

Last edited:
Surely you'd need some serious upload speeds on your home connection to stream gameplay properly to a Vita elsewhere in the city/country?

No more than streaming video? People stream HD content from home to remote locations, so I imagine gameplay is the same or easier (especially as it is just sub 720p video plus controller commands etc).

I used remote play over the internet on PSP and that was when I just had 1.4MB upload.

rp2000

Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

tumblr_m0ankfnUTS1rqfhi2o1_500_zps3601c49c.gif

Back
Top Bottom