*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

whilst I'd love to rush out and buy the current vita (OLED) one I'm not too sure about all this remote play marlarky.

I'm 120% sure sony said the same thing when the PS3/PSP was out - I bought the PSP and it got quickly cascaded to a nephew as it just collected dust - NO titles out there used it :(

Not to mention the technicalities of it all! - ewww the lag on wifi would be a killer for a start!

Having a bit of a dilemma here - got a spare £200 and wondering whether to blow it on a Vita or a Nexus 7 lol....

Surely you'd need some serious upload speeds on your home connection to stream gameplay properly to a Vita elsewhere in the city/country?

I don't think the upload speeds will be too much of a stumbling block, the bigger issue I'd imagine will be the latency - assuming you have a ping of 30-60ms you're looking at 60-120ms delay from sending a command to getting a response on screen.

Thinking about it though that's not all that different from a standard FPS server connection so I'm probably wrong.

Last edited:
Having a bit of a dilemma here - got a spare £200 and wondering whether to blow it on a Vita or a Nexus 7 lol....

Depends on what you want, really. Personally the quality of games that exist on the Vita makes it a no-brainer for me if I want a portable gaming device, but the Nexus 7 is capable of so much more. Sure you can watch films, listen to music, browse the web, etc. on a Vita, but if you're wanting it for more general tasks I'd go with the Nexus 7.

Depends on what you want, really. Personally the quality of games that exist on the Vita makes it a no-brainer for me if I want a portable gaming device, but the Nexus 7 is capable of so much more. Sure you can watch films, listen to music, browse the web, etc. on a Vita, but if you're wanting it for more general tasks I'd go with the Nexus 7.

tbh I've had tablets before mate, and whilst it would be for general web browsing I don't think it'd see much use (after the initial ooo shiny toy bit) as I end up gonig back to fighring the wifey for her laptop (prefer keyboard/touchpad)

Had a PSP before and tbh I'm not much of a 'portable' gamer although it all sounds good if I could sit in one room playing 'boring repetitive' bits of a game with the family - But then again I could see my liccle son not ever letting me play it at all, and hogging it - boy's got enough toys as it is!

Or maybe they'll have improved it seeing as it seems to be a fairly prominent selling point this time round.

Just a thought.

Just like Airplay actually works yeah? Real racing 3 over airplay is virtually unplayable.

I'd love to think it was a router issue, but a Netgear DGND3300 about 4m away should hardly be a barrier for entry.

Should be noted that PS4 is wireless G/N as well - if they expect remote play to be usable within an entire house, think they're kidding themselves.

Remote play is and will be a complete joke. It's always so laggy and slow.

On the PS3 it's crap, on Apple TV it's crap, on Vita it'll be crap.

And...... you know it will be rubbish because you've used it have you? please do tell on how you've managed to get your hands on a ps4 , play tv and a vita to use remote play seeing as you're so sure it will be rubbish, I mean it just mean you've used it.

And...... you know it will be rubbish because you've used it have you? please do tell on how you've managed to get your hands on a ps4 , play tv and a vita to use remote play seeing as you're so sure it will be rubbish, I mean it just mean you've used it.

Quite obviously I never claimed to have used it...

It's a simple case of history repeating itself. So much is promised when streaming is advertised by companies, and it NEVER works adequately.

Feel free to admit defeat come November.

I've used remote play for God of War HD collection from PS3 to Vita and it was perfect, no lag at all.

Really looking forward to testing out remote play - I always end up playing MP when I go on my console usually and have loads of unfinished SP games, to be able to play those in bed on the Vita would be awesome :)

The remote play at the PS4 Gamescom conference looked pretty decent I must admit. Can't imagine they would be pushing it like they are if they weren't confident it would work fine in your home.

Just like all the PSP remote play they said would work perfectly? And airplay that apple reckon is actually usable for gaming?

Lol, in fairness, I'd be amazed if all the remote play stalwarts even make use of it like they make out. If someone else is using the tv, you just don't play your console...

For all the people complaining that tablets and stuff are terrible for gaming you can use a ps3 controller on your tablet to game with.

Which defeats the point, you can't really use it on public transport and if you're at home then why set a tablet down like a miniature TV screen when you can just use a proper TV? If someone else is using the TV that's where remote play comes in, not to mention the fact that the vast majority of mobile games are a shallow pile of arse that you wouldn't want to play with a controller in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom