*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

i mentioned it earlier on but here is a explanation on how it works.http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-wii-u-gamepad-latency-analysis

interesting - thanks for the link mate

The difference is that a direct peer-to-peer link is established rather than going through a router, cutting down latency significantly and allowing Nintendo to standardise and optimise the connection using bespoke parts.

HOWEVER - To get this level of low latency required a user to be close to the actual console (within 10 metres) and theres also the fact the wireless controller is connected directly to the console itself (using a miracast type technology).

SOOOOO - If the Vita can play games over the internet its going to suffer bigtime latency issues. Even if it goes through a local router this all adds up to latency and what about nearby systems etc if living in residential areas?

It all sounds too good to be true hence why I'm waiting for some proper reviews first (If I can resist!) ;)

If me and the misus are in the office then I plan on having Vita TV hooked up to a TV in there. If not then Vita remote play will do.

I don't like to be sat in a different room to the misus, it's very unsociable.

I'm normally the same (I have a powerful gaming laptop so I can play downstairs) but if I want to play something like Fifa which she hates I'd rather go upstairs and she can catch up on some X Factor or some rubbish like that. We've been together 10 years so the odd evening apart isn't a problem :)

So as well as watchdogs, BF4, and extra pad, what else to get on pre order for launch day? Are there any other good multiplayers coming? I'm considering upgrading my TV too. The current set is 1080i... To splash out or not.. Worth it?

For all the people complaining that tablets and stuff are terrible for gaming you can use a ps3 controller on your tablet to game with.

Yeah you can...but why would you when you can use a pS3 controller on a PS3 :p

I'm aware that I can use my 360 pad with my Galaxy Note 2. But It defeats the purpose of mobile gaming really. not a fan of sitting on the bus home with my 360 pad in hand using my note II :D

Vita and 3DS, is a little bit more realistic. Plus the games are a crap tonne better. I've played some good games. Terraria and Final Fantasy games seem to be the cream of the crop. Any of the really good looking games tend to be just that, graphic benchmark style gaming with next to no depth.

The only exceptions tend to be console ports like Walking Dead or Vice City.

Last edited:
New iPhone is 64bit with OpenGL 3.0 this will kill vita!
Funnily enough the biggest threat to PC and Console gaming is touch based smartphones and tablets... As they get more capable the publishers are seeing the money to be made and DRM advantages of online "App" stores.

Bugger, I can be easily swayed on the spur of the moment, its what happened with the iPhone 3G years back as I walked past an o2 store, I was kind of relying on the PS4 selling out to keep me from just walking out of a store with one of these within the initial first week of new console buzz.....

Oh well if it happens, it happens.

Back
Top Bottom