*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Have been on holiday and out of the loop for 2 weeks. Sorry but could someone please link me to this bundle on Amazon as I can't seem to see it, or are you guys just contacting customer service and requesting the upgrade to your pre-orders?

Soldato
The only one of the GAME bundles that look worthwhile is the mega bundle with Killzone, extra DS4 and camera as you're saving £50 although it's still more expensive than I thought it would be I figured it would be around £430. The rest of the bundles you don't really save anything at all.

Soldato
The Eurogamer article yesterday suggested £429. I think Game are just adding more on.

Edit - actually it stated £10 either side of the price of an XB1. Price is still more than that though.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Think it will be the only way Sony will get the camera into peoples homes :p. They should have just done a set of camera+controller bundles with a few first party games and not do a cameraless bundle

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Think it will be the only way Sony will get the camera into peoples homes :p. They should have just done a set of camera+controller bundles with a few first party games and not do a cameraless bundle

I'm thinking the fact that the X-Box one SKU has a mandatory camera will actually help PS4 games get camera support with a lesser PS4 install base. Making multi-platform games camera features work on both consoles should be minimal you'd hope.

Man of Honour
I'm thinking the fact that the X-Box one SKU has a mandatory camera will actually help PS4 games get camera support with a lesser PS4 install base. Making multi-platform games camera features work on both consoles should be minimal you'd hope.
You'd think so, though I don't know how different Kinect and the PS Camera are, and whether they have the same functionality (beyond the basics of movement and voice). Is the PS Camera on a par with Kinect in terms of how accurate it is? Kinect 2.0 looks to be incredibly accurate.

Caporegime
Have Sony got a Skype equivalent for making PS4 video calls or is the camera just used for Twitch and PS move games?

you can do video calls on ps3 with the OS and eye, so i don't see why they would remove this from ps4.

although it only works with other ps3's cant use it to call a pc or phone or tablet, etc.

Soldato
You'd think so, though I don't know how different Kinect and the PS Camera are, and whether they have the same functionality (beyond the basics of movement and voice). Is the PS Camera on a par with Kinect in terms of how accurate it is? Kinect 2.0 looks to be incredibly accurate.

Yeah that's a bit of an unknown. I think for a fair few games though it would be used more voice recognition than movement tracking with more traditional "hardcore" games.

Soldato
Just got my email confirming it and offering me to upgrade to one of 6 bundles:

We are happy to confirm that your console preorder is guaranteed for launch on 29th November 2013. We have been working closely with Sony and can now confirm that we have some PlayStation 4 bundles available to you, we just need you to let us know which one you would like:

1. PlayStation 4 console pack including GAME Exclusive Killzone Shadow Fall - £399.99
2. PlayStation 4 console pack including Watch Dogs - £399.99
3. PlayStation 4 console pack including Killzone Shadow Fall (Standard Edition), an additional Dualshock 4 controller and a PlayStation Eye Camera - £449.99
4. PlayStation 4 Console with GAME Exclusive Killzone Shadow Fall and DriveClub - £439.99
5. PlayStation 4 Console with FIFA 14 - £399.99
6. PlayStation 4 Console with Call of Duty: Ghosts GAME Exclusive Limited Preorder Edition - £404.99

Already upgraded to bundle 3 :) (seemed the best value one)
like I said above mine been confirmed for day 1 but I dint get the offer yet to upgrade. So I take it these packs are limited. They said they ring me next week to see what they can offer.

Man of Honour
Yeah that's a bit of an unknown. I think for a fair few games though it would be used more voice recognition than movement tracking with more traditional "hardcore" games.
I've heard a rumour (and I stress rumour) that the BF4 developers were toying with the idea of things like head tracking and leaning around corners with Kinect. That's the small kind of integration I think we're likely to see with the more mainstream games.

Soldato
Why do people still buy stuff from Game? They've improved somewhat since their near-death experience but it's pretty obvious they can still be as overpriced as they want, especially when it comes to those dreaded "Game Exclusive" editions.

Man of Honour
Why do people still buy stuff from Game? They've improved somewhat since their near-death experience but it's pretty obvious they can still be as overpriced as they want, especially when it comes to those dreaded "Game Exclusive" editions.
I would only buy from Game if they had an exclusive and it was reasonably priced. I have a couple of next gen games on order from them simply as they can't be bought anywhere else.

Soldato

I try to avoid them like the plague, but yeah, kinda hard to when they get the exclusives on stuff :/ either that or when it's between two sites I don't want to touch with a barge pole (like Zavvi) I'll go with them because I've had a slightly less bad experience with them than the other. I try to go with Amazon or ShopTo for everything.

Soldato
Don't fancy getting messed round by delivery companies.I can drive 10 miles into town and pick mine up.

With games not so much tend to stick to supermarkets or online.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Surely not having the particular edition isnt the end of the world? I havent used GAME/Gamestation since I bought my PS3 Slim and back then it was just the security of having them on the high street if you had any issues. Right now you have to wonder if theyll still exist for the length of the PS4/XO warranty :p

Back
Top Bottom