*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Price is a non-issue for me. You're getting a very smart bit of kit for the money. I read last week that Sony are going to take a $60 hit per console? Don't know whether that's true or not but either way the hardware is a steal imo.

Cant see PS4 having a price drop til 2016, even XO is unlikely to happen til Christmas 2015 considering all the regions left to launch...

ps3ud0 :cool:
I think for Christmas 2014 we'll start to see bundles being sold that include a free game/extra controller, so that effectively means a price drop. That would be a good way for either console to look more appealing to the Christmas shoppers.

FFS I actually meant Christmas 2014 and 2015 :/ - already in 2014 mode. Looking forward to a cheaper XO with Kinect as Kinects probably the main thing that might make me impulse buy it...

I'm now leaning towards the idea of getting a PS4 sooner rather than later,

With my ShopTo confirmation stating launch day, I too am strongly going PS4 to start with and forgoing my X1 order.

I am not one of these people who can tell the difference between 720p/1080p, but all these drops and uncertainty with frame rates/resolutions with the XO I find concerning, and I think I'd rather wait to pick that up after 6-12 months so I know how things are going to go.

I may get my XO Day One bundle and then give it a quick play, and then sell it.

With my ShopTo confirmation stating launch day, I too am strongly going PS4 to start with and forgoing my X1 order.

I am not one of these people who can tell the difference between 720p/1080p, but all these drops and uncertainty with frame rates/resolutions with the XO I find concerning, and I think I'd rather wait to pick that up after 6-12 months so I know how things are going to go.

I may get my XO Day One bundle and then give it a quick play, and then sell it.
For me the PS4 would be as well as my Xbox One order, not instead of :)

For me the PS4 would be as well as my Xbox One order, not instead of :)

I can see myself only managing to wait until March next year to eventually have both anyway, but I just don't want to regret my choice, which I feel I may well do by getting the XO first without giving it time to asses the actual performance.

So unsure what to do.

I can see myself only managing to wait until March next year to eventually have both anyway, but I just don't want to regret my choice, which I feel I may well do by getting the XO first without giving it time to asses the actual performance.

So unsure what to do.
You are effectively losing £45 if you drop Day One as you wont get the free game (not sure if FIFA 14 matters that much to you though?), no doubt though it wont be long til MS do another bundle with a free game (Titanfall I guess?) so that might be the earliest time you could delay purchase so you dont effectively lose out...

Would annoy me to kill the XO preorder and then buy it at a later date without that useful Day One incentive of a free game. Thats obviously on the assumption you are going to get both whatever happens and within a short period of time (say a year within launch)

I cant see them not doing an official Titanfall XO bundle, if you didnt get the Forza bundle, thats the one Id be after...

Youve got til what early November to decide - worry about it then

I cant see them not doing an official Titanfall XO bundle, if you didnt get the Forza bundle, thats the one Id be after...

Youve got til what early November to decide - worry about it then

I can definitely see them doing a Titanfall bundle but I doubt it'll be for free, maybe something like £450/460 for the console and game. Considering it's looking like the first killer app for the Xbox One, I can't see them giving it away (though it would be one hell of a marketing stroke if they did it).

I have a PS4 pre ordered with the rain forest since May 2013.

Recently read that retailers will be asking if customers would like to upgrade to a bundle of some sort that had been announced by Sony.

Has anyone heard of this or has any rain forest customers received any notification regarding upgrading to a bundle?

I have a PS4 pre ordered with the rain forest since May 2013.

Recently read that retailers will be asking if customers would like to upgrade to a bundle of some sort that had been announced by Sony.

Has anyone heard of this or has any rain forest customers received any notification regarding upgrading to a bundle?

We had news last week that Amazon would be offering several bundles but there has been no confirmation from Amazon.uk yet.

The next 8 weeks or so are going to drag, I'm still on a buzz from Eurogamer where the PS4 really impressed me, from the console to the games and the controller. Together with all the retail games on day one there are some cracking F2P's that I didn't know about and surprised me at the show.

Back
Top Bottom