*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Glad i got my pre-order in with them yesterday at the lower price, although i want to pre-order a ps4/bf4 bundle.

(still gutted i cancelled my original pre-order from june)

I found my speeds massively improved after i switched from wifi to ethernet.

I always use ethernet. I signed to PS+ and downloaded a few games and the total download was something like 40GB(I did download Uncharted 3 which is HUGE) and it took about 45 hours to download it all. Even switching to downloading in the early hours made no difference. My download speed is only about 8meg but I don't get anywhere near that with PSN.

Unfortunately I think PSN is generally rubbish if you have Virgin Media.

I've never had any major problems with it apart from not maxing out my connection but there really shouldn't be any issues this time around.

After all, Virgin are the official ISP partner of the PS4 and according to a Virgin exec there will be "loads of exciting benefits for customers". What these are remains to be seen however and it may amount to nothing much but here's hoping it's decent.

Source

Amazon isn't going to offer the bundles, by any chance?

On my pre order with amazon from june it was updated a few weeks back saying that sony are announcing 4 different bundles and I will have a choice of what to pick depending on stock.

as my pre order stands it has the PS4 at £349.00 and battlefield 4 at £40.00, when i first pre ordered both the game was £55 or £50 back in june and now it's back to £47. Not sure how it works with amazon regarding their pre order pricing? will my BF4 stay at £40?

Last edited:
Looking on the Amazon forums people have started getting emails telling them to go and select their bundle.

Those who filled out the form when it was live for a limited time the other day are getting a message saying that they have already submitted their choice.

No email for me as yet but I hope the fact that I managed to make a selection means I've jumped the queue as I didn't preorder until the 14th June.

Ooo hope I get the same too - I am wondering if the pricing error on Amazon is there to deter people putting in new orders to jump the bundle queue as the additional price makes it pointless as you negate any saving.

The original upgrade process they had in place was easy to subvert (considering the link was public) and no doubt the revised one probably just has a url link sent in the email which I bet still goes to the same upgrade page...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Looking on the Amazon forums people have started getting emails telling them to go and select their bundle.

Those who filled out the form when it was live for a limited time the other day are getting a message saying that they have already submitted their choice.

No email for me as yet but I hope the fact that I managed to make a selection means I've jumped the queue as I didn't preorder until the 14th June.

yer mine was the 11th june just after the crapbox 1 was announced, I had both a ps4 and crapbox 1 pre ordered with shopto with the PS4 being done when it was announced in february, cancelled it with shopto as I didn't really want to deal with them.

will have to wait for this email to possibly turn up.

Meh, my reflowed PS3 has just died after a month and I can't really be arsed doing it again.

Looks like I'll get £103 cash for my pads, headset, Last of Us and GTA V at CEX so that'll pay the difference for the bundle if I manage to get one.

I was tempted to get another PS3 with that £100 but I think I'll just ditch it and move on to PS4. I hardly have time to play the backlog of games I have as it is.

It just eats away at my soul a little knowing that I have spent a fair bit of cash on digital purchases and I've nothing to show for it without a working PS3.

Back
Top Bottom