*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

What made you change your mind?

Originally it was because I've only got five days between it being released and me flying out to Australia for five weeks, so I wasn't sure it'd be worth getting on release just to have it sitting unused for over a month.

Added to that, I'm now looking to get a new car soon so I'll need the money, and I still have so many PS+ games I haven't even downloaded yet (as well as a few other games I'm interested in getting) so I think it makes sense to get through some of those first before upgrading to the shiny new thing. I'd only be playing BF4 and Watch Dogs for the first few months anyway, and I can wait for those. Not even going to attempt those on the current gen though!

Shame, as I was really looking forward to having one from launch, but I can wait. At least some of the bugs and teething problems will have been ironed out when I do get one.

Originally it was because I've only got five days between it being released and me flying out to Australia for five weeks, so I wasn't sure it'd be worth getting on release just to have it sitting unused for over a month.

Added to that, I'm now looking to get a new car soon so I'll need the money, and I still have so many PS+ games I haven't even downloaded yet (as well as a few other games I'm interested in getting) so I think it makes sense to get through some of those first before upgrading to the shiny new thing. I'd only be playing BF4 and Watch Dogs for the first few months anyway, and I can wait for those. Not even going to attempt those on the current gen though!

Shame, as I was really looking forward to having one from launch, but I can wait. At least some of the bugs and teething problems will have been ironed out when I do get one.

Ah :( yeah it doesn't sound like there's much point in forking out £349 on a PS4 when you have other commitments (and games). Hopefully you'll have a nice, shiny, stabilised console to buy once you're back from Australia and you've made your way through your backlog :D

I'm in the same boat as I'm abroad from early December to early January so I'm going to hold off buying a PS4 until I get back. It's going to be interesting reading all the comparisons, arguments and general impressions of how the next gen games play.

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition heading to PS4 at launch

Warner Bros. has announced PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita and PC versions of comic book fighter Injustice: Gods Among Us.

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition launches in Europe the same day as PS4 on November 29, and contains the original game plus all downloadable content.

The PS4 port, which is being handled by High Voltage, also includes next gen-specific features, including Touchpad functionality, video sharing and streaming. It's also said to have been "remastered for next-gen technology".

The game will cost £49.99 on PS4 and £29.99 on PS Vita and PC. The Ultimate Edition will also be available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 for £49.99.

An Xbox One version has not been announced.

Injustice: Gods Among Us launched on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U in April.

Source: Warner Bros. Press Release

I hope we don't get a ridiculous amount of rehashed last gen games coming out on next gen.

I'd echo this bar GTA V, one game that really does need newer hardware to shine on. If we have to wait for the next one which could be 5-6 years away again we'll probably be nearing the release of the next consoles, we have saw how quickly the last consoles were outdated so it would be no surprise if Sony and MS shortened the lifetime between consoles from now on and milked even more cash instead of doing the stupid console rehashes (slim, superslim etc etc).

I hope we don't get a ridiculous amount of rehashed last gen games coming out on next gen.
Why not? The majority of the HD remakes of older games for the current gen seemed to go down well with a lot of people. As long as they pick the right games, I've got no problems with a lot of current gen games being updated and ported over to the next gen.

Cross gen says hi :p
...so it would be no surprise if Sony and MS shortened the lifetime between consoles from now on and milked even more cash instead of doing the stupid console rehashes (slim, superslim etc etc).
Eh they are more likely to keep with a gen for longer to eek out the investment made in development. Subsequent releases of Slims etc are money saving changes for them. What you suggest is the opposite of what they are now doing...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Why not? The majority of the HD remakes of older games for the current gen seemed to go down well with a lot of people. As long as they pick the right games, I've got no problems with a lot of current gen games being updated and ported over to the next gen.

Older games? Yes (although within reason and with some effort paid to the remake), games released 6 months ago? No.

for you amazon peeps what bundle are you going for?

Im kinda tempted by the killzone and need for speed one.
Dont need a camera and BF4 and watchdogs ill get on the PC so that seems like the best option for me.

Older games? Yes (although within reason and with some effort paid to the remake), games released 6 months ago? No.
Seriously though you have to wonder how different Injustice is to say BF4 when its comes to development across generations when the only perceivable difference is that it released the current gen version much sooner than the next gen one.

Cross gen just feels to be an awkward compromise to me...

ps3ud0 :cool:

for you amazon peeps what bundle are you going for?

Im kinda tempted by the killzone and need for speed one.
Dont need a camera and BF4 and watchdogs ill get on the PC so that seems like the best option for me.

I went for the Killzone Mega Bundle as I already had KZ on preorder along with an additional controller, so the camera's just a bonus for what I've already ordered really :p

I agree, i would definatly play the last of us again if it was done on next gen...Can you imagine it with something like the frostbite engine graphics wise.

To be fair though I personally think that last gen to this gen HD collections benefited a lot from the higher resolution. Sure some got increased textures and remade models and some were just poor efforts, but I don't think a PS3/360 to PS4/X1 remake will really be that much of an improvement? I don't know, I just don't see it as a big deal as PS2/Xbox era to PS3/360 was.

edit: Although when we say HD remakes, are we talking like the original Halo 1 on 360 where all the assets etc were redone? I can't think of many like that other than just the same games running at higher res's. I rather their resources were spent making new things :)

Back
Top Bottom