*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
I'm guessing its cost.

One of the reasons xbox one is £430 has to be the included kinect

Hardly, it'd cost next to nothing to make, and since they're forcing it on everyone they can hardly insist its what makes it more expensive.

That aside though the PS4's hardware specs are greater than the Xbox One's, which means the PS4 will likely cost more to produce, yet the Xbox is still more expensive.

Soldato
Hardly, it'd cost next to nothing to make, and since they're forcing it on everyone they can hardly insist its what makes it more expensive.

That aside though the PS4's hardware specs are greater than the Xbox One's, which means the PS4 will likely cost more to produce, yet the Xbox is still more expensive.

maybe its the tv side of things thats costing more

Caporegime
without knowing what the business is and its use then you cannot say if it is fair or not. Maybe he is putting it in the reception area of a company

From the nature of his comment, I don't think that's likely.

Probably best you don't comment on stuff you clearly don't understand. Try not to believe the Daily Mail on stuff like this either.

So go on then, spill the beans? Or do you not want the rest of us to know about your dodgy tax loopholes then?

Soldato
So a games console is a business expense then?

I don't see how we can moan about Amazon, Google not paying tax, when we applaud individuals who dodge tax like this.

Personally I think VAT is too high (it's a joke), but there's no way in hell people should be able to buy luxury items through their business and avoid tax on it.

Just not fair.

You'll find that the people who whinge about big companies not paying tax, won't be people who are "applauding" others for dodging tax.

It's not really the thread for this, but the whole moaning about the tax that companies legally avoid is a ploy to make tax avoidance socially unacceptable, so that no laws need to be passed to change anything, but to get these companies to pay more tax than they legally owe through what is basically peer pressure.

Soldato
No I think he was commenting on the current attitude of the Daily Wail that anyone who doesnt pay more than their "fair" share of tax being tax dodging scum.

The problem is that you have assumed he is dodgy in the first instance before finding out how he doing that. Maybe I want to start a PS4 fixing service - that means I can get one through my company legit.

Soldato

I don't see how we can moan about Amazon, Google not paying tax, when we applaud individuals who dodge tax like this.

Personally I think VAT is too high (it's a joke), but there's no way in hell people should be able to buy luxury items through their business and avoid tax on it.

Just not fair.

He might live in the channel islands.

Soldato
im hoping the ps4 will be dead silent when running so that I can watch netflix , my ps3 slim although quite still makes a noise which can be distracting when streaming , lets hope the ps4 is very silent.

Soldato
It has an HDD and a fan, it won't be silent. My PS3 Slim isn't audible over the sound of whatever I'm actually using it for though, that's the realistic level it needs to be at.

Soldato
How much is next to nothing?

I'm talking manufacturing costs, I'd imagine it'd be <$15 to manufacture since it's basically 2 cameras and a microphone in a plastic shell.

The "good stuff" is all done in software.

maybe its the tv side of things thats costing more

I think it's simply because they want to sell it for that price, rather than anything specifically pushing the cost up.

Additionally, they have to be careful with what features they add/include because they will need people to effectively pay for them, but if they're seen as token features then people won't be able to justify to themselves the cost or value of those features.

So for example, they can't really insist that it's "worth" $100 (the difference in price, though the 360's kinect released at $150) because not everyone actually wants it. If it's a separate add on, it's very different because only the people who want one will buy it and see the value in it.

It's like the PS4 coming as standard with 4 controllers and them pricing it as such. It's all well and good for those who want/need 4 controllers, but for people who just want 1-2 controllers, they're just going to see the big price and not like it.

Soldato

Just not fair.

Its not an business expense at all. I get VAT free purchases because of the job I am in. Its not a tax dodge. Just one of the last remaining perks to the job I do - which I worked ****** hard to achieve. But at the end of it I still have to pay taxes and NI on my salary.

But don't presume to know anything about me.

Back
Top Bottom