*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Yep 500Gb for the PS4, and it's removable/upgradeable :)

ok cheers , so are the ps4 games a installation to the hdd or playable from the disc because 500gb does'nt sound a lot if they must be installed to hdd, although like said it can be upgraded.

the xbone conference seemed to suggest that games are installed to the hdd meaning no need for the disc after its installed.

Soldato
I will be getting both for sure and when I watched the MSshow last night I thought they did a good job at winning back some doubters however having just watched the Sony show they just seem to have got things right. They have obviously listened to the people and are giving them what they want.

If had to choose one console then it would have to be the PS4.. good spec, good price and a good display of games.

Soldato
So a games console is a business expense then?

I don't see how we can moan about Amazon, Google not paying tax, when we applaud individuals who dodge tax like this.

Personally I think VAT is too high (it's a joke), but there's no way in hell people should be able to buy luxury items through their business and avoid tax on it.

Just not fair.

His location is Brussels, so he would t be susceptible to uk vat

Caporegime
So unsurprisingly Psycho Sonny was wrong about the price, after months of saying above £450.00, anyway before work I thought I would just remind him that he was wrong :)

Strange as he is so "In the know".......

Pre ordered this bad boy for £268.00 :) for release day delivery!

i said £399 so get your facts right noob and a lot of people thought it would be around the £400 mark, and it's released at £349, hardly a huge margin away now is it?

looks like they decided to undercut MS by a lot in hope to push sales. must be making a big loss on every console, those specs for £349 most likely costing the retailers around £300 @ wholesale which i can imagine is a big hit for sony.

Last edited:
Associate
The unthinkable has happened for me. I never thought I would lean more towards the Playstation 4, but Sony have gone and won me over.

Will keep my PC for certain games but PS4 is going to be the console of choice.

Soldato
i said £399 so get your facts right noob and a lot of people thought it would be around the £400 mark, and it's released at £349, hardly a huge margin away now is it?

looks like they decided to undercut MS by a lot in hope to push sales. must be making a big loss on every console, those specs for £349 most likely costing the retailers around £300 @ wholesale which i can imagine is a big hit for sony.

Yeah, no. They won't be making a loss of this sort of hardware. They might not make much but it will certainly not be a loss.

Caporegime
Yeah, no. They won't be making a loss of this sort of hardware. They might not make much but it will certainly not be a loss.

any proof?

as i imagine with the specs being so high, and MS launching theirs for more money with lower specs, something doesn't add up.

even if kinect costs around £50 to manufacture, it still doesn't add up.

Soldato
Hardly, it'd cost next to nothing to make, and since they're forcing it on everyone they can hardly insist its what makes it more expensive.

:confused:

You think customers only ever pay for products based on their cost of construction? Microsoft are hoping that people will perceive the Xbox has being more valuable, due to Kinect, and have raised the price accordingly.

Soldato
:confused:

You think customers only ever pay for products based on their cost of construction? Microsoft are hoping that people will perceive the Xbox has being more valuable, due to Kinect, and have raised the price accordingly.

Knowing MS they have 3 OS's on their box and have associated a license fee for each

Soldato
any proof?

as i imagine with the specs being so high, and MS launching theirs for more money with lower specs, something doesn't add up.

even if kinect costs around £50 to manufacture, it still doesn't add up.
The specs aren't THAT great on both, compared to high end PC's anyway. Both consoles were designed to be much cheaper, however the XB1 design is more complex (even though it's less powerful) and also includes Kinect. That along with the reported yield issues are what have bumped the XB1 price up higher than PS4.

Back
Top Bottom