*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
Not caught up with the thread yet but lets see how many OcUKers hands magically start to work fine on the PS controllers as they decide to adbandon ship :p

I think this week MS have earnt the $ back - thoughts?

ps3ud0 :cool:

I wish my hands would!

My issue is that I can't comfortably reach the left analogue stick. And this has not changed

Associate
So the camera isn't included ?

You have to pay for online access ?

£350 base price +

Camera £££££

Minimum two move controllers = £60'ish

PSN cost £££££

=

£1000 minimum !!!!!!!!!!

Caporegime
i've used both the ps3 and 360 controllers, tbh i found it very easy to adjust between them both and if i had to pick which was better, i would say the 360 purely because it had a mic port on the controller, if the ps3 one had the same it would be a draw in my eyes.

in fact i just grabbed my ps3 controller there and it fits perfectly in my hand, im guessing the 360 one is the same. imo there is nothing wrong with the controller apart from no mic input which has been fixed.

although the rubber on the thumbsticks isn't fairly robust, i've had to replace 3 of them so far and another is still needing replaced.

Caporegime

£350 base price +

Camera £££££

PSN cost £££££

=

£1000 minimum !!!!!!!!!!

lol fanboy logic for you

i personally will never buy the camera or move controllers, they are a gimmick, very inaccurate and no game i play functions better with them.

This, and also PlayTV...

play tv doesn't do HD, i ditched mine a long time ago, it also doesn't work properly when trying to record and play at the same time the quality is degraded and sometimes bits are missing.

Soldato

£350 base price +

Camera £££££

PSN cost £££££

=
£1000 minimum !!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant Maths there - what you missed was the bit "You dont have to buy any of this unless you want it". I wont be getting a camera, might get an extra controller (assuming one is in the pack) and may get the online if there is anything worth signing up to. So I have a choice of spending £350 or £1000 like you said

Soldato
You can with PS3 so i would suspect you can. I just hope we can finally play MKVs!

NEVER going to happen out of the box, Sony have a HUGE interest and investment in the film/media industry, allowing the playback of a container most used for pirated warez would be utterly foolish!

Soldato

£350 base price +

Camera £££££

PSN cost £££££

=

£1000 minimum !!!!!!!!!!

Where do you get £1000 minimum from ? unlesss you think a camara is going to be £400..

Soldato
So if I pre order from amazon, no money will be taken from my account until it's shipped? Anybody that pre ordered could confirm?

That is how Amazon handles pre-orders, yes. I've pre-ordered mine there and no money's been taken, heck I've used them primarily for pre-ordering games for years now and they've only taken money at dispatch :p

Soldato

£350 base price +

Camera £££££

PSN cost £££££

=

£1000 minimum !!!!!!!!!!

I'd heard the camera was £40 but don't quote me on that.

I'm not sure if you can use any older PS move controllers, so if you've got PS move already can you use these with PS4?

Online codes for PS+ can be found for less then the quoted £39.99, or you can pay three months at a time for £11.99 or cheaper if you shop around.

so, if you've got PS+ already, already got PS move controllers (if they do work) then its £350 + games + a new camera.

Wow cheap next gen gaming that..

Or, if you've not got any PS kit, its

£350 + camera + move controllers + a PS+ sub = approx £530.

Soldato
Does anyone even want the camera and move controllers? Except casuals of course, otherwise it's a waste of time even considering them into the cost of a console, I won't be buying a PS4 for it's dumb motion gaming rubbish so that doesn't apply to me or anyone in my boat, no?

Soldato
What I don't get is some people bang on about oh PS4 doesn’t come with the camera the XO comes with Kinetic which is far better..... yet the vast majority, the VAST MAJORITY of the internet says "I don't want a ****** camera"

I personally do not want a stupid camera. So therefore I will not be buying a stupid camera and move controllers.

Soldato
I haven't watched the whole conference yet but just watched the gameplay of both Destiny and The Division.

Destiny looks amazing IMO, this game has SO much potential. The Division looks good as well, although it is at risk of being another generic third person shooter, if they do enough differently it looks like it could be great too.

Back
Top Bottom