*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
Looks messy having USB cables hanging out the front. My PS3 slim has a USB cable for its PS move eye, it looks untidy.

I agree that it looks untidy if you have a device which is constantly plugged into USB such as an external drive, but for the purposes of charging the controller once every week or two, for a couple of hours, then it becomes less of an issue for me personally.

Soldato
What I don't get is some people bang on about oh PS4 doesn’t come with the camera the XO comes with Kinetic which is far better..... yet the vast majority, the VAST MAJORITY of the internet says "I don't want a ****** camera"

I personally do not want a stupid camera. So therefore I will not be buying a stupid camera and move controllers.

And that is without doubt the best idea and truthful post yet...

Family members do like a bit of motion gaming. So, sony have gone. you want it, its there, you don't.. Fine dont bother. Up to you.

MS have gone, tough. Its there like it. apple anyone?

Soldato
Does anyone even want the camera and move controllers? Except casuals of course, otherwise it's a waste of time even considering them into the cost of a console, I won't be buying a PS4 for it's dumb motion gaming rubbish so that doesn't apply to me or anyone in my boat, no?

I think that's the point, Sony have done a console at a cheaper price and given you the choice of whether you get the camera/move or not. MS have decided to go with a higher price and force Kinect on you. I think they would have been better to go for the Sony approach tbh.

Caporegime
I think that's the point, Sony have done a console at a cheaper price and given you the choice of whether you get the camera/move or not. MS have decided to go with a higher price and force Kinect on you. I think they would have been better to go for the Sony approach tbh.

but developers for xbox know everyone has kinect and therefore can make use of it.

not so much on sony's end.

imo it is a gimmick anyway, not the future of gaming by any means.

until mind controlled peripherals are available, i shall stick to a pad

Soldato

The issue here is that they can't expect everyone to see value in the bits that they're forcing on to people, which means it's unrealistic for them to justify the price in that way.

Soldato
order it from wherever doesn't take your money until dispatch, one order per retailer.

wait til you receive the first one in your hands, then cancel any orders waiting for dispatch.

if you receive more than one, sell on gumtree for £600 = free console

Stock wont be a problem for any of the launches - just go with a reputable company like shop.to and you will get your console on time without the hassle of distance selling regs.

Caporegime
Have we already talked about the confirmed backward compatibility via Gaikai?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-11-playstation-4s-cloud-service-will-begin-in-early-2014

The PlayStation 4's cloud-based features will launch sometime in early 2014, Sony announced during its E3 press conference tonight.

Initially, it will allow players access to loads of "critically acclaimed" PS3 and PS4 games. This is pretty great as the PS4 won't be backwards compatible with PS3 discs.

The hardware manufacturer also confirmed that Vita games will be available on the service as well, but not right away.

Glad they've allowed us some way of playing our old games. :)

Associate
I'd heard the camera was £40 but don't quote me on that.

I'm not sure if you can use any older PS move controllers, so if you've got PS move already can you use these with PS4?

Online codes for PS+ can be found for less then the quoted £39.99, or you can pay three months at a time for £11.99 or cheaper if you shop around.

so, if you've got PS+ already, already got PS move controllers (if they do work) then its £350 + games + a new camera.

Wow cheap next gen gaming that..

Or, if you've not got any PS kit, its

£350 + camera + move controllers + a PS+ sub = approx £530.

C'mon lads, that was too easy with regard to the £1000 minimum punt...

The PS3 move controller works with the PS4 camera.

Don't understand why the haven't included the camera, considering 99% will need the psn plus thingy now.

£££££££££

Caporegime
Or how many decide paying to play online is actually pretty reasonable :cool:

I thought the PS4 pad was redesigned in any case?
Or the ones that decided online DRM and restrictive policies on used gaming werent actually reasonable ;)

Dont many here have looked to the PS4 solely because the controller has been redesigned :(

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato

It's like a car really, it's not exactly the best idea to enforce every luxury feature onto your car and inflate the price, Microsoft should have known better. They are alienating their core audience, well except the fanboys of course.

Soldato
but developers for xbox know everyone has kinect and therefore can make use of it.

not so much on sony's end.

imo it is a gimmick anyway, not the future of gaming by any means.

until mind controlled peripherals are available, i shall stick to a pad

I can see the logic there, but tbh I think knowing that everyone has it may make the developers think they have to utilise it and therefore do things with hand movements etc that could be done easily and more conveniently on a pad.

Back
Top Bottom