*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
I wish my hands would!

My issue is that I can't comfortably reach the left analogue stick. And this has not changed
TBH I can understand that - hopefully we will get demo units in shops to try out and decide. THE XO controller is gonna be the same as the X360 one - as in really good. I think the DS4 is heading in the right direction, its not perfect (neither are really) but it does seem at least that Sony are trying to accomodate.

We shall see :)
Do we have any details on the port layout of PS4?

Please tell me it has rear USB ports...

[edit] Nope, doesn't look like it :( http://img2u.info/ckgni/i/gb05a3a8d.jpg
Yeah bit of an annoyance to me too - 500Gb is not enough for me so Ill be swapping that out most likely...
This, and also PlayTV...
I really want PlayTV HD to be announced!

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
I can see the logic there, but tbh I think knowing that everyone has it may make the developers think they have to utilise it and therefore do things with hand movements etc that could be done easily and more conveniently on a pad.

I thought this too. Games will potentially have a lot of gimmicks in them!

Associate
Missed the live Sony show last night, but having caught up at lunch, and it's made my mind up PS4 it is for me. Look forward to seeing more gameplay and details as the time launch time draws near.

Soldato
Have we already talked about the confirmed backward compatibility via Gaikai?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-11-playstation-4s-cloud-service-will-begin-in-early-2014

Glad they've allowed us some way of playing our old games. :)
If GTA5 is announced to be appearing on Gaikai i will 100% order a PS4 at launch. It's pretty much the only thing holding me back at the moment because I know i will still be playing it around PS4 launch and don't want to have both connected up.

Caporegime
TBH I can understand that - hopefully we will get demo units in shops to try out and decide. THE XO controller is gonna be the same as the X360 one - as in really good. I think the DS4 is heading in the right direction, its not perfect (neither are really) but it does seem at least that Sony are trying to accomodate.

We shall see :)

Yeah bit of an annoyance to me too - 500Gb is not enough for me so Ill be swapping that out most likely...

I really want PlayTV HD to be announced!

I love the xbox controller, is the best controller I have ever used. Especially the triggers and left analogue stick

With the ds3 I have to literally shift my left hand around slightly to reach the analogue stick. It isn't comfortable.

Soldato
I love the xbox controller, is the best controller I have ever used. Especially the triggers and left analogue stick

With the ds3 I have to literally shift my left hand around slightly to reach the analogue stick. It isn't comfortable.

It sounds like you have very small hands. Each to their own of course, but that's my observation.

Caporegime
Does anyone even want the camera and move controllers? Except casuals of course, otherwise it's a waste of time even considering them into the cost of a console, I won't be buying a PS4 for it's dumb motion gaming rubbish so that doesn't apply to me or anyone in my boat, no?
What I don't get is some people bang on about oh PS4 doesn’t come with the camera the XO comes with Kinetic which is far better..... yet the vast majority, the VAST MAJORITY of the internet says "I don't want a ****** camera"

I personally do not want a stupid camera. So therefore I will not be buying a stupid camera and move controllers.
So true, I dont want a camera and not fussed about Move or Kinect. The only USP for Kinect that is truly awesome is the voice controls, but again thats not that hard to implement (I hope) in a camera-less device and its one of those features that may just end up being a novelty to most.

Soldato

W2Eqo1M.jpg

So true, I dont want a camera and not fussed about Move or Kinect. The only USP for Kinect that is truly awesome is the voice controls, but again thats not that hard to implement (I hope) in a camera-less device and its one of those features that may just end up being a novelty to most.

Wouldn't be hard to develop a sort of voice detecting microphone that slots into the USB slots if it's that wanted tbh.

Caporegime
I think that's the point, Sony have done a console at a cheaper price and given you the choice of whether you get the camera/move or not. MS have decided to go with a higher price and force Kinect on you. I think they would have been better to go for the Sony approach tbh.
You could also argue that having Kinect from the start has made them cut corners elsewhere in the spec. MS have put a lot of faith into Kinect and while the technology is very promising its applications so far arent much more than lacklustre - developers need some proper time and a blank design brief to get the best out of it.

Soldato
If GTA5 is announced to be appearing on Gaikai i will 100% order a PS4 at launch. It's pretty much the only thing holding me back at the moment because I know i will still be playing it around PS4 launch and don't want to have both connected up.

Gaikai won't be available at launch. You'd need to pay for it again anyway, I assume.

Caporegime
So the camera isn't included ?

You have to pay for online access ?

£350 base price +

Camera £££££

Minimum two move controllers = £60'ish

PSN cost £££££

=

£1000 minimum !!!!!!!!!!

Out of everyone I know who has a PS3, none of them own a camera for it. I imagine the same will happen for the majority when the PS4 is released. I'm certainly not getting one.

As for controllers, I just ask my mates to bring one with them when they come round. :p

PSN is cheap.

Back
Top Bottom