*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Well amazon have my details and my deposit for PS4 is down, I'll maybe get the camera as i've got PS move kit already, but won't be in any hurry.

i've got a PS+ sub already so come november time I need to fork out £349 less my deposit and some games.. Hmm I think I can manage that one.!! Sony, you've done well this time around... Learnt from the PS3 havent you? lol

Caporegime
Gaikai won't be available at launch. You'd need to pay for it again anyway, I assume.

I think Tretton said that it's part of PS+? There was no mention of various "tiers" which were rumoured pre-E3 so I'm guessing those rumours were wide of the mark.
I suspect PS+ will use Gaikai whenever PS3 and below games come up as free on the PS4, while full access to Gaikai will be a seperate/additional fee on top.

Gaikais not available for launch so it gives them time to announce its costs is the way I see it, otherwise they would have made it quite clear. Cant see them doing it any other way tbh.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
500GB is surely enough for most user's.

i mean play tv will never be HD due to the different systems used around the world, so you really are better off buying a tv that can record HD built in or a separate box.

i no longer have an issue as sky+ HD does pretty much everything perfectly, i do not need it but again if people really wanted it then your far better off with a separate box, play tv was terrible when it came to recording and playing at the same time.

so that basically leaves games, and even 20+ games should easily fit on 500GB you would imagine. i also tend to delete games after completing them or newer versions come out, etc, etc.

i can see how some people with a vita and vast collection could need more, but imo 500GB should be enough for the majority of people, also hard drives cost peanut's these days due to SSD's being in high demand now, so mechanical drives can be picked up second hand for rock bottom prices.

ebay has everything you need to replace / fix controllers, in fact ebay sells practically everything cheaper than most shops, i just bought tarpaulin, weather seal, etc for far cheaper than b and q. i bought my replaceable thumbsticks for less than £2 a pair off ebay.

Soldato
The opposite, i find its better suited to big hands (360/xb1) rather then smaller (ps3/4)

I've got big hands, but I find them both comfortable enough, but my preference is for the PS3 controller because of dat d-pad.

The PS4 controller looks horrible though, it actually looks like it's been designed to put up the bum or something. :eek:

Soldato
500GB is surely enough for most user's.

i mean play tv will never be HD due to the different systems used around the world, so you really are better off buying a tv that can record HD built in or a separate box.

i no longer have an issue as sky+ HD does pretty much everything perfectly, i do not need it but again if people really wanted it then your far better off with a separate box, play tv was terrible when it came to recording and playing at the same time.

so that basically leaves games, and even 20+ games should easily fit on 500GB you would imagine. i also tend to delete games after completing them or newer versions come out, etc, etc.

i can see how some people with a vita and vast collection could need more, but imo 500GB should be enough for the majority of people, also hard drives cost peanut's these days due to SSD's being in high demand now, so mechanical drives can be picked up second hand for rock bottom prices.

ebay has everything you need to replace / fix controllers, in fact ebay sells practically everything cheaper than most shops, i just bought tarpaulin, weather seal, etc for far cheaper than b and q. i bought my replaceable thumbsticks for less than £2 a pair off ebay.

Don't forget you can upgrade the HDD at will.

Soldato
Gaikai streaming coming to PS4 and PS3 in 2014

One key differentiator in this newest iteration of the console wars has been Sony’s commitment to backward compatibility with the PlayStation 4. At Sony's announcement event in February, we learned that it would be using recent acquisition Gaikai’s streaming technology to make it all happen, and today at E3 we’re getting a small handful of additional details about how legacy PlayStation titles will be delivered to Sony’s newest hardware.

Firstly, the service won't be available immediately at launch, but rather sometime in 2014. When Sony does release it, first in the US, it's going to give PS4 and PS3 owners access to a limited library of PS3 games, before adding streaming functionality to the Vita sometime down the road. Also, the service is headed to the US first, before rolling out internationally, and Sony expects it to "evolve rapidly over the coming months," although what that means is anyone's guess.

Other than that, we aren't getting much additional information. We still don't know the size of the initial Gaikai library, or if and when we can expect older titles from the original PlayStation and PlayStation 2 to become available. We'll have our ears open on the show floor for additional details about Sony's plans for Gaikai, and will update you with anything we can find out.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/10/4417082/playstation-4-gaikai-streaming-sony-e3-2013

Caporegime
:confused:

How is that Sony's fault that you have one hand smaller than the other, Jeremy?

My hands are the same size.
It's the left I have more problems with as you move it around more in games.

It's not sonys fault, it just means I can't use a playstation. I'm not blaming them. If I could use the controllers I would have pre ordered already

Back
Top Bottom