*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
I got an email with some info direct from playstation europe. It stated something along the lines of "playstation plus continues over to ps4".

Yet there is plenty of talk about lack of backwards compatibilty so what use is there to carry the subscription from one console to the next?

If you tell me I can play the digital games I have downloaded on ps3 on ps4 when it launches I might have a semi for the next 2 months

It means if you've got 12 months of PS+ remaing or whatever months remaining and buy a PS4 and sign in to PSN on your PS4 with a PS+ enabled account, any PS4 games that are on the service can be downloaded and played on PS4.

you'll still need your PS3 to play PS3 PS+ games for now, but sometime in 2014 PS3 PS+ and maybe PS1 & PS2 games will be streamed over a cloud for play on a PS4.

Its looking promising but its great PS+ carries on with PS4. So if youve got a vita, PS3 and a PS4 all these devices you can use with one single PSN account and with PS+ you can get free games for all your devices.

With hopefully streaming to enable PS3 PS+ or more games on your PS4.

Soldato
The new controller looks like it might have a bit more substance/weight to it than their cheap plastic ones of old.

Just looking at the price, it blows Microsoft out of the water. I can see them attempting to repair it by announcing a price drop or some nonsense.

Soldato
They look pretty much identical but I will have a go. It has been a lot of years since I used a playstation

Is it worth pre ordering? Ie if I don't like it I can sell it?

Well way I see it you've got two choices..

Wait for the console to hit the retail shops, and try the controller instore, or pre order and hope you like it.

If you're that on the fence, wait. I think they will have stock as I reckon Sony will ramp up production based on pre order figures. Sony will want this in as many homes this Christmas...

Soldato
They look pretty much identical but I will have a go. It has been a lot of years since I used a playstation

Is it worth pre ordering? Ie if I don't like it I can sell it?
People keep saying they look the same, but clearly haven't seen these pics yet:

aijLz99.jpg

HWIG6eO.jpg

Quite different, and looks like it will be better for people with bigger hands.

Caporegime
Just saw this article on the XO thread and though its aimed at MS, I do think it hits home with Sony aswell.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-11-war-never-changes

Honestly if we just ignore the non-gaming issues of online DRM and used games and just look at the games for these next-gen consoles. Are we just getting fed the same games just much more shinier?

I know games cost more to make so publishers push developers to reuse the same genres to ensure they hit sales and make money - thats fine. Is it too much, especially when its the next-gen launching, to expect a few next-gen games that just dont rely on graphics and truly push what we think of gaming?

Its food for thought and while we are all back slapping those gaming entities for doing a good job, could they not be doing more? Are gamers appetites that simple that we can just digest the same types of titles again and again (not even talking about sequels more about genres)?

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom