*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Question - (and don't take this as a Fanboi question)

What exactly is wrong with the regular activation if we're online anyway?

Its just wrong to expect everyone to sign in every 24 hours, I have a laptop and it has something like 146 steam games collected over many many years of using the service. I can play every single one of them right now and I know provided Steam is in offline mode I can play those games forever in offline mode and then connect to the internet when I feel like it. Not when the systems decides and then locks me out of my purchases..

Also, I know Steam games you can’t sell on, or trade but they also don’t cost upwards of £50 or more. Many of my steam games cost £29.99 on launch but most cost me no more then a tenner.

I also know my laptop has a webcam, but I can turn that off, but I can’t from all accounts turn off the xbox one camera.

Its all too much you will do this, and you can’t do that.

PS4 I can either plug in a camera or not plug it in, or not even buy it, I can trade my games if I want to, making my next game purchase cheaper, I can lend them out, or get games from my friends, I don’t need the console connect to the internet, so if I take my console to work when I’m working silly shifts where its slow, I don’t need to tether to my phone to sign in to play games, and if I run out of hd space I can ‘chose’ to replace the internal drive and not use external drives.

Also, PS+ walks all over live for content. It is just down to general principles and common sense.

Soldato
Had a preorder with Shopto since Feb. but also put in a order with Amazon last night just incase they do deals

Also sorry if its been mentioned but Driver club is supposed to be 1st PSN+ game for PS4

Soldato
I think its definatly a good idea pre ordering especially considering the price difference and the second hand games being freely tradeable. I can see a lot more people going for this compared to the xbox now.
I really like the look of the new controller it just looks sleeker and looks like it has more weight to it and the positioning looks better. Although its hard to tell till you have one in your own hands.
I really hope the reliability of these is better than the ps3 though as im now on my fourth ps3 overall and this one has an issue where it just turns off randomly and since its out of warrenty i can't be bothered buying another and will just wait for the ps4.

Caporegime
i've always genuinely thought the 360 was the better package but i abandoned it after i had so many die on me within a short space of time. my friends also decided to do the same.

i now genuinely think the ps4 is the better package this time and i also believe their consoles have always been made to a very high standard, i have only ever had 1 launch console die on me and that is after nearly 6 years of use.

imo the ps4 should really walk all over the xbox one. i hope this is true so MS really up their game in 7 years time when they launch their next console.

competition and not having the same company on top all the time is good for all of us, if the 360 didnt have that major design flaw then i would have probably abandoned the ps3.

sony seems to having it too easy imo, but i dont care, they are launching their console at a much cheaper price, would be mad to go for the xbox imo.

Associate
Sony has given gamers a ray of hope by shunning the type of anti-consumer nonsense that M$ are pulling, I was surprised with the fee for online but it's a small price to pay to keep the freedoms I enjoyed this gen.
I honestly hope that anyone who was sitting on the fence about which console they buy has been swayed in the direction of Sony, I know I have been also hope that the Xbone fails as hard as it deserves too! simply to warn off any other company's that are trying to control gamers with such methods in the future (probably won't happen with so many blindly loyal MS fans but I can hope).

Associate
If I'm being honest I think both consoles look horrible, it might grow on me eventually but seeing them on screen I just don't like them... just too... box like, there's no flow to the design of either...

Also, a lot of places seem to be saying sony has trumped MS on price.... while the PS4 is being sold for $100 less than the xbox1 that doesn't include the new PS Eye where as MS have included the kenect v2 (they couldn't not tbh) so I'll be very interest to see how much the EYE starts selling for.

Soldato
Sony has given gamers a ray of hope by shunning the type of anti-consumer nonsense that M$ are pulling, I was surprised with the fee for online but it's a small price to pay to keep the freedoms I enjoyed this gen.
I honestly hope that anyone who was sitting on the fence about which console they buy has been swayed in the direction of Sony, I know I have been also hope that the Xbone fails as hard as it deserves too! simply to warn off any other company's that are trying to control gamers with such methods in the future (probably won't happen with so many blindly loyal MS fans but I can hope).

>>>This is me, I do not own a console, and have not owned one since PS1. I have decided to buy a next gen one, and was waiting to see with an open mind which was best. The PS4 wins hands down, cheaper, more gamer friendly and far less demanding and intrusive.

M$ can shove their Big Brother console where the sun don't shine. I watched their presentation and all they're interested in is TV, share this and share that, social media this facebook that.

**** off.

Man of Honour
If I'm being honest I think both consoles look horrible, it might grow on me eventually but seeing them on screen I just don't like them... just too... box like, there's no flow to the design of either...

Also, a lot of places seem to be saying sony has trumped MS on price.... while the PS4 is being sold for $100 less than the xbox1 that doesn't include the new PS Eye where as MS have included the kenect v2 (they couldn't not tbh) so I'll be very interest to see how much the EYE starts selling for.

First thing I said too, the PS3 was beautiful and the 360 wasn't too bad either. These just look grim.

The difference is you have an option to pay less if you don't want to faff about accessories and cameras on the PS4.

Not sure if it'll stay as it is but the PS4 and PS4 games are currently dominating the Amazon bestsellers list!

Back
Top Bottom