*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
I was about to buy a PS3 - is there any point now with the PS4 coming so soon, will I be able to play all the best PS3 games on the PS4 through this cloud thingy?

Buy a PS3 super slim now, get Last of Us and enjoy uncharted 1 2 & 3. Look forward to beyond - two souls and GT6 and then get a PS4 afterwards.

Remember to pick up a PS+ sub for your PS3 and get 12 games to play the day you sign up, and then carry this on with your PS4.

Can't really go wrong. the time to own a PS3 + a PS+ sub is now. As the adverts on the telly keep telling us lol

Soldato
Wow i'm really impressed with the new controller comparison, look a lot bigger and more comfortable.

I'd seriously debating getting this now as you can pre-order it for £340 and I think the price might drop a bit more.

Caporegime
Buy a PS3 super slim now, get Last of Us and enjoy uncharted 1 2 & 3. Look forward to beyond - two souls and GT6 and then get a PS4 afterwards.

Remember to pick up a PS+ sub for your PS3 and get 12 games to play the day you sign up, and then carry this on with your PS4.

Can't really go wrong. the time to own a PS3 + a PS+ sub is now. As the adverts on the telly keep telling us lol

if i didnt own a ps3 then i wouldnt buy one now as the ps4 is so close.

it's like buying a car/phone when the new and greatly improved model is going to be released in 6 months time.

imo you should wait and buy a ps4, or even wait and buy a ps3 after the ps4 launches, they will be going for peanuts on ebay as everyone offloads to move onto the new console.

Soldato
if i didnt own a ps3 then i wouldnt buy one now as the ps4 is so close.

it's like buying a car/phone when the new and greatly improved model is going to be released in 6 months time.

imo you should wait and buy a ps4, or even wait and buy a ps3 after the ps4 launches, they will be going for peanuts on ebay as everyone offloads to move onto the new console.

12GB super slim is only £130 or less if you shop around, you can slap any old 2.5 inch Laptop drive into one (well provided its not over 9.5mm in height I believe) so not a lot to pay out if you want to catch up on some of the exclusives.

If anyone buying a PS3 now gets a PS+ sub then they get 12 games as well. + two games each month until PS4 hits the streets.

No reason to wait unless you don’t want to play last of us, beyond two souls or GT6 and the excellent uncharted series or heavy rain until sometime in 2014 and this depends on the streaming services Sony are working on.

Caporegime
There's a 5% discount for new Zavvi sign-ups that makes it £332.50, but I'm quietly hoping it will be possible to get it for less than that... somewhere...

[edit: to the best of my knowledge this does not breach OcUK competitor rules...]

Soldato
with me the problem i have always had with the playstation control was the stick position. it really made my hands start to hurt after a bit of gaming and i also never quite felt like i had as much control with it as i did with a the 360. i couldnt be as accurate

oh also : gg microsoft.

Soldato
Just put in my pre-order, Sony has sealed the deal with that E3 presentation and I can't wait, going to be my first time owning a new console since the original Xbox :D

Last edited:
Soldato
They have smashed the XBOXONE here, and I don't own a console by the way, 20% cheaper, not online all the time, can use used games and swapped games, don't need all the authentication BS all the time either.

Soldato
Question - (and don't take this as a Fanboi question)

What exactly is wrong with the regular activation if we're online anyway?

It's mainly just the principle of the thing, but what happens if you choose to take the console to a relatives for the weekend for example and they don't have internet? You have a very expensive brick which you can't do anything with, even Steam gets round this by having an offline mode so you can play anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom