*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Really the original PS3 was pretty horrid I think.

don't think a single Playstation system has been that good looking TBH. The PS3 with its spiderman type lettering was pretty dire IMO.

The slim was ok ish, the super slim ugly.

The PS1 was a grey brick lol, the PS2 slim was not too bad, the PS4 is actually fine, it sort of reminds me with its slopping looks like a sort of Alienware M17x with its lid closed - kinda.

But no games console has been what I'd called a stunner really.

Caporegime
Cor, peripheral costs are a bit harsh. £54 for a controller! Eek.

EYE is £44.

that is RRP

i always knew the controller was going to be expensive

the DS3 has an RRP of around £40+ iirc and the cheapest it has ever been available for and you were lucky to get one for a steal was around £25. even now most places sell it for £35. their is currently a good deal on amazon though for a ds3 and 90 day's psn for around £32.

this has more tech inside of it, therefore i thought it would be around £50 RRP (srs).

expect retailers to sell for around £50 and get it at £35 if you get lucky on a deal. pricing on official accessories doesn't drop as much with time. if the RRP is £54 then if you can get it for £35 which is more than a current DS3 you will be doing well.

but at launch don't expect to pay less than £45, at launch it will be near to RRP.

Soldato
I like the design of the PS4, reminds me of modern building architecture when standing up. Similar to the PS2 design.

I also don't mind the look of the XBone. They're both much better than the 360 and original PS3 designs IMO.

Associate
EYE is only going to be £44, that's actually not to bad. I've never been a fan of motion controlled games as I ahve mine in a bedroom with not much space to move but it might be worth it.. Still lands cheaper than the XB1 so there's no argument there!

I've have a PS4 on pre-order as soon as they were announced as I kept hearing MS were going down the "Home Media Centre" route.

I would say Sony has nailed it with the marketing. Announce first, watch for the mistakes made by MS then come out and say "nope, we're doing none of all that stuff you hate about the XB1 :D"

Soldato
I bought a PS3 on release the first day it came out. I will probably now do the same with the PS4. I'm really impressed so far by Sony's presentation of the PS4 and it ticks all the right boxes for me. I will probably reluctantly end up owning an Xbox One later on like I did with the Xbox 360, but only because of certain exclusive titles.

Soldato
After all this E3 info we've had whats your pros and cons of going for the PS4 over the XBOX One? (I'm lazy and dont want to read the whole thread just need the facts)

MS want to control what you do, how you do it and don't listern to sense.

Sony say, do what you want, here is a games console that plays games and do what you want with the games you buy. We are listerning to customers.

Soldato
First thing I said too, the PS3 was beautiful and the 360 wasn't too bad either. These just look grim.

The original PS3 looked like an over-expensive fridge! Only reason I didn't get it is 'cos I couldn't find the ice maker.
All I really care about is the front of the console, that is all you can see with my cabinate, and they both look pretty much the same, black rectangles. Same as my A/V and same as peoples sky/vm boxes so it will fit in better anyway.

I have both consoles pre-ordered but the PS4 is a little ahead, as much as I like Kinect voice commands, the PS4 is just a better option at the moment. Cheaper, and seems to have more exclusives at launch that the xbox will have in total!

If I see any believable mention of a PlayTV for the PS4 I will sit here throwing money at my screen.

Associate
Never have I bought a games console on launch day, I usually wait a year for the system to mature. This time around though, I'm 99.9% sure I will buy one.

I've never had an interest in Xbox exclusives and I still remember the day I first got to play UC2. That game alone just confirms what I prefer coming out from Sony.

The fact I can do whatever I want with the games, the push for Indie games, the pricepoint which is a huge factor. The fact I have no need for the TV features because I don't remember the last time I sat down and watched TV.

All this and the only negative people have against the PS4 is PS+ being needed for online play. That's a relatively small price I can pay for the service it offers.

Man I'm excited for the games that weren't ready to be shown, knowing Sony this is only the beginning of what's to come.

Soldato
Im now looking forward to gamescom and TGS now, Shuhei Yoshida has said that SWS has 30 PS4 games in development 20 of which out in the first year and 12 are new IPs. Sony used the time they had pretty well not much filler, gamescom has had some big announcements over the last few years.

Soldato
Glad about PS4's used games policy. Be hilarious if it massively outsells the XO so much so that the MS will feel the need to change their used games policy.

Could well happen, it'll be the US where xbox one will prove harder to break, the US are very loyal to xbox. But, then japan is very loyal to Sony, but if Sony breaks the US market then its maybe something that MS will have to look into.

Losing ground already on pre orders, MS will be watching this. Early days yet, and Sony could still screw this all up.

Soldato
PS4 pre-order in....

and posting the below in here as less likely to be as antagonistic as in the E3 or XBOne thread.

Still can't get over how wrong MS have got this.

Can MS even backtrack and remove the 24 hour authentication and DRM functions at this late stage?????

The used game licensing will also mean used XBOne games are more expensive than PS4 games.

Game rentals like Blockbuster will only be able to rent out PS4 games rendering a big % of potential MS market redundant.

MS have got to re-visit their future business model soon, heck even at the proposed rrp without the above issues the XBOne would be quite an attractive proposition as a console.

Back
Top Bottom