*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
I know everyone else has been saying it and I have to say it too, Sony, fair play to you lads for blowing Microsoft out of water. They must have their head in their hands saying "WTF have we done".
Now Im not pro one or the other as I have Both PS3 and 360 but.....
The PS4 will be 100 bucks cheaper on release, It WILL play second hand games, will not require you to authenticate your games or require you to be online to play them (Ouch Microsoft, OUCHHHHH!) and your PS+ account will convert over to PS4. Yea you will need to have PS+ to play online this time round but with them still having the instant games collection, it’s still a win, win. Im def getting this on Release. Bring on the PS4. :D

Soldato
Its fair to say that the PS4 will be released after the xbone, else they would have stated the date. Getting to the selves first doesn't mean that its going to win the race thou, the dreamcast was out months before the the ps2 and the people waited.

I just feel for all the people that will get an xbone and not know about the internet connection and DRM. Its only right for Sony to educate them with cleaver advertising.

Soldato
Yeah, gaming laptop and PS4 is a good combo. It will be my preferred setup.

Absolutely. And my gaming laptop has a HDMI in, so missus won't let me use the telly, so what. Plug the PS4 into the laptop. Don't want to do that, or want to play a PS4 game in bed, fine.. I'm getting a Vita I'll remote play it instead in bed. Win all round for me.

Honestly, with my gaming laptop, a PS3, PS4 and a VITA I'm all set and never again will I sit bored watching endless rubbish on Sky.. And to think MS is pushing TV on the xbox? I don't want to watch telly, I want to play a game..

Soldato
Ive added an amazon preorder to my Asda direct reservation along with Killzone, drive club, watch dogs, that new bungie game, and Assassins creed 4.

Associate
Well after reading the coverage from E3 I went ahead and pre-ordered a PS4. Reason being it ticked all the boxes I expect a games console to tick.
I believe MS will come off the ropes swinging on the way to launch day and garner back support, they have to right?

However as I'm sure many of you will agree, its all about first impressions, and Sony have managed to do it better imo.

Which ever console folks chose though, I'm sure it'll fill plenty of forum pages about why each one is better than the other. For me, I've made my decision and am just looking forward to having some fun with it once it arrives. :D

One question, do we know what will be supplied in the box?

Caporegime
November 2013.

the ps4 will also launch in 2013 (hopefully worldwide, but europe may get screwed again)

it won't launch in december because a lot of people do their christmas shopping in november so november at the latest from sony i would imagine.

so i don't see why people are saying the "late" ps4 launch could persuade customers to go eggbox, if the eggbox does launch first im betting it's a matter of days, not months before the ps4 is launched, if it does indeed launch second.

so i don't see why people think the ps4 will launch a lot later than the eggbox if not first.

Associate
the ps4 will also launch in 2013 (hopefully worldwide, but europe may get screwed again)

it won't launch in december because a lot of people do their christmas shopping in november so november at the latest from sony i would imagine.

so i don't see why people are saying the "late" ps4 launch could persuade customers to go eggbox, if the eggbox does launch first im betting it's a matter of days, not months before the ps4 is launched, if it does indeed launch second.

so i don't see why people think the ps4 will launch a lot later than the eggbox if not first.

More than anything the price is gonna put a lot of people off buying the Xbox for a little while tbh!

Sony made that mistake the last console generation and they really suffered at the start, not to say MS couldn't bring it around like Sony did this gen, we'll have to wait and see!

Caporegime
Probably best you don't comment on stuff you clearly don't understand. Try not to believe the Daily Mail on stuff like this either.

So a games console is a business expense then?

I don't see how we can moan about Amazon, Google not paying tax, when we applaud individuals who dodge tax like this.

Personally I think VAT is too high (it's a joke), but there's no way in hell people should be able to buy luxury items through their business and avoid tax on it.

Just not fair.

I can't think of a single person who could legitimately claim an xbox one as a necessary business expense.

I don't care though, fill yer boots I say :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom