*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

GAC

GAC

Soldato
It's unlikely to be as little as the Super Slim at this stage, but similar levels to the Slim are possible. If it needed much more then it would be larger as it would need more cooling.

yeah the slim pulls roughly 70 watts playing fifa 14 which is down from 200 watts in a gen 1 ps3.

IF the ps4 can get to 100watts id be very surprised especially with it running 8 gigs of ram and a super charged 7000 series gpu and a 8 core cpu. but who knows as its all on smaller die's so it may get below 100.

if it does thats going to be a very cool running platform and may explain the smaller case size that the xbone, although they are 90% the same gpu/cpu so id have expected similar heat issues but who knows on what ms have done.

Caporegime
Lots of talk about ordering from a game store. I ordered and paid my £20 online the day after it was originally announced (21 Feb).

What are the chances of online orders being fulfilled in the order they came in?

I imagine Game have a distribution unit capable of holding thousands of consoles?

i heard games credit rating is so bad publishers no longer let them hold stock on credit. wasn't there a ruckus when certain lines were pulled from their stores because of this?

therefore i doubt sony is going to give them a huge amount of consoles with them being so "dodgy".

amazon on the other hand are a much much bigger and securer retailer.

Caporegime
i heard games credit rating is so bad publishers no longer let them hold stock on credit. wasn't there a ruckus when certain lines were pulled from their stores because of this?

therefore i doubt sony is going to give them a huge amount of consoles with them being so "dodgy".

amazon on the other hand are a much much bigger and securer retailer.

Yeah, I think Game had to stop selling FIFA Street for a while, but it was eventually sorted. I'm hoping it's different with the consoles as your money is taken 7 days prior to release day. That may give Game a chance to secure the necessary units from Sony to fulfil online orders. Store units are different though, as people pay the balance off when collecting the unit.

Caporegime
This GaiKai cloud gaming thing. I'm a bit new to all this, but if games are being processed on external machines, does that not mean that over time, what you see on your PS4 will be even more powerful than your PS4 itself?

Caporegime
Weve only been told limited information about Gaikai and a lot of it points to plain backwards compatibility. Theres a possibility it could do much more (well its basically similar to Onlive).

What Sony wants to do with it is up in the air, for all we know they could knock out a next gen MMO and release it on all Sony devices and use Gaikai for game streaming...

@GAC - thanks for using supercharged, it made me laugh :D

ps3ud0 :cool:

GAC

GAC

Soldato
@GAC - thanks for using supercharged, it made me laugh :D

ps3ud0 :cool:

well its the best way to keep it simple rather than start yammering on about multiple channels and extra memory pathways with 20 gigs dedicated bandwidth on top of the 176gigs :p

Soldato
1fsr.jpg

Caporegime
I doubt it would be compatible, you would need to manually mod it for that and i dont see the point really.

The only benefit would be the fix for the two utterly horrendous back R+L buttons, which i imagine already have third party fixes anyway.

Back
Top Bottom