*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
Just pre-ordered from Amazon. No signs of saying it's sold out. However, from googling amazon US has sold out and advertise it on there website. I assume if Amazon EU has sold out you will get notified on the website?

Caporegime
Just pre-ordered from Amazon. No signs of saying it's sold out. However, from googling amazon US has sold out and advertise it on there website. I assume if Amazon EU has sold out you will get notified on the website?
Jesus just looked at Amazon.com, looks like they cant guarantee delivery for launch now, but the best sellers list is scary read for MS, not a single XO specific title/accessory in the top 20 :eek:

So glad I got my pre-order in even if I do cancel it at least its in the queue.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Got my amazon pre-order in last week:

Ordered the following extras:

Extra PS4 controller
Killzone
Fifa 14
Battlefield 4
Watch Dogs

Drive Club i'll probably upgrade my ps+ version to full.

Roll on November/December! Traded in my 360 which was getting no use for a vita (for remote play) to tide me over along with The last of us and God of war ascensions still to play on ps3!

Soldato
Somebody answer me this if they can, I have pre-ordered both consoles from a local GAME store and I had to put a £20 deposit down for each to guarantee my orders. The guy at the desk guaranteed that I would get each console at launch, I made the pre-orders last week during E3. At what point would a store know how many units they are going to be getting and whether they definitely can fulfill your pre-order or not? and let's say they can't guarantee my pre-order at launch then, am I able to get my deposits back?

Soldato
I just think it's a bold statement to be guaranteeing somebody a console at launch during this stage of the game, I'd love to know what they're basing this on. The guy isn't an idiot either I've dealt with him before in there and he generally knows what he's talking otherwise he'll just tell you he doesn't.

Soldato
Bah I could have sworn Destiny was a launch title just realised its mid 2014 :( Why has it been available to preorder for months of its so far off?

Yeah disappointing. If it was a release title i would have already ordered a PS4! I'm holding back at the moment, if the launch lineup isn't good enough I'll wait a few months after release before buying one.

Permabanned
Just pre-ordered from Amazon. What delivery did you guys choose? Just the first class receive on release day option?

First time pre-ordering from them so want to be sure I actually get it on launch day and not wait the next 3 days!

Caporegime
I'm sure I heard you saying you were going to wait a while before investing in the new consoles. Did I make that up?
Nope youre right :(

I waited til E3 and then after the Sony conference at 5am I decided to pre-order, moreso because it was a knee-jerk reaction to potentially loads of people doing the same in the morning. I still dont know why I actually did it.

Never had a console from release so its a nice buzz, Im not obligated (its with Amazon and with my Quidco cashback savings will pay for it :D) so got plenty of time to see what happens. Seems to be enough games on it to keep me happy and I doubt we will see a price drop anytime soon.

Im weak I know :(. I was going to try and wait til around FIFA 15 came out so at least then there would be a healthy catalogue and that FIFA game would be truly next-gen...
why is there no specific release date yet?
Probably find out at Gamescom, I would normally say TGS but I expect a muted show if Sony still arent launching in Japan from the off...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking back to PS3, I think it was September time (maybe Tokyo Game Show) - two/three months before launch.

However, seeing as there's been no mention of Asia from Sony, I don't think before TGS will go down too well if the Japanese aren't getting it this year.

There's gamescon coming up in August, and then TGS in September, so these would be likely dates to announce the launch date/ full launch lineup. Unless Sony decides to have another smaller conference then it will almost certainly be one of those two.

Back
Top Bottom