*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
Well argos parcel tracking is complete tosh, console is down to be delivered today and the tracking system doesn't even bother to show anything, it simply says unable to display info. Hopefully it will arrive at a reasonable time hassle free!

Any one have any idea who Argos use for smaller items? Tracking number starts AD if that is any indication.

I must say that after watching some reviews i am quite looking forward to playing warframe. Cant knock a free game and it looks great quality wise. Could well be a feature that keeps me far more interested in my consoles than i have been in the past.
Going from having no interest in a new console 3 weeks ago to now being very excited at the prospect of scratching my gaming fix.

I've had great amount of fun with Warframe on PC, although I'll most likely carry on playing it on the PS4 due to mates not owning PCs and getting a PS4.

Soldato
Greatness is here guys, Greatness is here :D

Spent the morning playing as a filthy pirate.

Got Warthunder, DC Universe and fifa demo downloading as we speak :D

hope my BF comes today

Soldato
Well this has been my first day one purchase for a home console despite owning a lot of previous ones (Megadrive, Playstation 1,2,3, Dreamcast, N64, Gamecube, 360 etc etc).

Honestly though I think this could be the best of the lot.... the groundwork is certainly there. The console is super fast, I love how quickly everything loads. The connectivity with Facebook is a very nice idea, as are the options with how much integration you wish to have with it are. The latest patch downloaded before I even knew it started its just a shame the PSN was down for a while yesterday as that adds so much functionality to the console. As others have mentioned the console streaming is a REALLY good idea and looks so fun... only downside is there were a lot of ***** who were posting horrible comments on the streamers that were really bad... I can see this scaring away a lot of the "everyday" nice people.

As for the controller again I was really impressed. Coming from the 360 pad I'd say in terms for comfort there are about the same. In terms of functionality the DS4 is perhaps the greatest controller ever. It will take sometime however to stop pressing "Square" when it says press "X" as its in a different position on the 360 controller of course. The lightbar does kind of "leak" away from the controller onto other surfaces. At first I wasn't sure about it but then I thought well that's kind of the idea and its use in games became quite exciting (as well as the possibility of its future use i.e as in Thief as a visible/hidden meter). My favorite new feature though was the Speaker... that was my "wow" moment when the first audio diary came on in Killzone... I never expected it to be so clear, maybe just the odd beep or sound here and there. The only element that seems unproven for me is the touchpad but we will see on that as the games come out... at worst it dosn't take away from proceedings and having an extra two buttons can't hurt.

The games I tried I really enjoyed. Playroom was super fun (lol at tickling that Robots balls to make him happy). Killzone was/is amazing as well, the graphics are so good and clear step up from the 360 and PS3 (which I was a little worried they wouldn't be going in).

The only real downsides for me is the PSN won't accept my VISA debit for some reason so I'll have to look into that and that its a little too easy to hit the fast forward trigger when watching a Blu Ray (due to how the button is positioned on the controller when against the floor). BUT overall VERY happy and so glad I jumped the MS ship this generation; It's a solid 9/10 from me. :D

Last edited:
Associate
Im new here! Got my PS4 this morning! woohoo!

Fired it up and all seems okay - touch wood! Its a made in china one. Did the update to version 1.51 but having issues connecting to the PSN? Are others having problems too?

I really wanted to update AC4 to get this 1080 patch but tbh the game looks stunning already. Is AC4 not updating because the PSN is down? Its weird how you can still update the console but not use PSN.

Sorry to hear you didnt get yours inam22 and everyone else that didnt aswell :(

Soldato
Well argos parcel tracking is complete tosh, console is down to be delivered today and the tracking system doesn't even bother to show anything, it simply says unable to display info. Hopefully it will arrive at a reasonable time hassle free!

Any one have any idea who Argos use for smaller items? Tracking number starts AD if that is any indication.

Royal mail! so keep an eye out for your postie... although mine delivered my post yesterday then was back a few hours later with a second controller and Need for Speed.

Im giving them a few days as my camera never turned up so i went a picked one up in store for £10 more so when it arrives i shall return my in store purchase :)

also yippie for the chritmas smilys.. minor smily parade
:o:(:):confused::eek::mad::rolleyes::cool::p;):D poor winky

Soldato
Do you need any ports to be forwarded on the router to get full functionality on the PS4? Am using an Asus RT-N66U router.

Soldato
Crap launch line up my arse.....

If BF4 turns up today I be pretty darn lost to which game to play lol. Now I want Fifa also.

I can see without a patch or two the xbl bar could get very messy, but the more I use it the more I love it

Associate
Been playing my ps4 for a while now and loving the games and the pad feels allot better than the last one due to it being heavier.
Only downside is the OS, it just doesnt feel finished as there are no options to customise it or move apps or hide them. It does really need allot of improvements even compared to the 360 and can't believe you can't change your wallpaper or the colour.
Anyone else feel this way about the OS ?

Soldato
Been playing my ps4 for a while now and loving the games and the pad feels allot better than the last one due to it being heavier.
Only downside is the OS, it just doesnt feel finished as there are no options to customise it or move apps or hide them. It does really need allot of improvements even compared to the 360 and can't believe you can't change your wallpaper or the colour.

I find it better than the ps3 , so not really , and anything like you mention will most likely be added through updates.

Associate
Loving Killzone. Though I'm so rusty on console FPS, died at least 10 times so far (on chapter 5 now). The graphics are phenomenal, maybe its just playing on a big telly makes them look better but the HD is so good it makes my eyes bleed ;) :p :)

Played a bit of the new Stardust game and that's pretty good, not as good as Stardust at the moment but it might get better.

Soldato
OP
One of my mates said Game tried to sell him a 2 year warranty for £75. Except the 2 years don't start after the 1 year you get as standard. So it was essentially a one year guarantee. Gotta love Game! :rolleyes:

LOL whats even better is that under the EU, all electrical goods get 2 years warranty. So its £75 for nothing. Adding that the Sales of Goods Act actually covers goods for up to 5 years (or what you reasonably expect that item to last, ie, TV about 5 years, bread about 3 days)

Soldato

The basics are there. The rest should follow. What we have is a great base to build on. Hopefully they can remove that sync trophies karp

Soldato
I have been a bit confused how updating games works on the ps4.

If I insert a game that requires an update will it just update in the background or would I need to manually update it?

the game will start then download the patch in the background while you play (although wont allow online) then when its finished next time you play it will install automatically or you can go to notifications and update it manually.

Back
Top Bottom