*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
Only just figured out there is a map on Don't Starve! I've been spending most of my (short) games running around and trying to work out my way back to my fire pit before dark. This usually ends in death if I venture off too far of course! I thought I'd have to make a map with paper and compass, but no it was there all along when I accidentally caught the touchpad.

jesus you got to be kidding me :eek: that will make things much easier :D

I haz 4090!
Don
Only just figured out there is a map on Don't Starve! I've been spending most of my (short) games running around and trying to work out my way back to my fire pit before dark. This usually ends in death if I venture off too far of course! I thought I'd have to make a map with paper and compass, but no it was there all along when I accidentally caught the touchpad.

Yes! Oh that's awesome, nice one :D

Caporegime
OP
For the guy with nat issues

Assign your console a static IP address using the consoles Mac address as an identifier.

Then assign this static IP address to be DMZ.

That effectively opens that IP address up to gain access to everything online with no firewall protection

Caporegime
Can you save your Dont Starve state? Some dragon thing started stealing my stuff and I kinda died pretty quickly after stupidly attacking him.

Need to spend more time on this but hoping to find the ability to setup a proper base that isnt just a fire with loads of traps over rabbit holes...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Can you save your Dont Starve state? Some dragon thing started stealing my stuff and I kinda died pretty quickly after stupidly attacking him.

Need to spend more time on this but hoping to find the ability to setup a proper base that isnt just a fire with loads of traps over rabbit holes...

I'm interested in finding this out myself. Had a 30 minute run on the game and like others found the map eventually at the end which made it more viable.
But going to look into what exactly you unlock to build etc as after 30 minutes I felt like It was already getting really boring.

I love playing Terraria and put about 18 hours into that a year ago so hopefully this game has more options.

Do the new characters you unlock offer anything different?

Soldato
Tempted to get a PS4.

However, can someone forward me to a list of upcoming releases please. As currently there is not 1 game out that i would play.

Edit: Found this: http://uk.ign.com/games/upcoming/ps4
anything else would be great.
Upcoming PS4 games:

January 2014

Don't Starve (Jan. 7th)
Basement Crawl (Jan. 21st) NEW DATE
Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition (Jan. 28th)
Awesomenauts: Assemble

February 2014

Final Fantasy XIV (beta)
LEGO The Movie The Game
Rayman Legends (Feb. 25th)
Thief (Feb. 25th)

March 2014

MLB 14: The Show
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (March 18th)
Infamous: Second Son (March 21st)

No formal release date other than "Early 2014"

Driveclub
Wolfenstein
Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends
Bound by Flame
Starbound
Backgammon Blitz
1001 Spikes
Mercenary Kings
Pure Pool
Nuclear Throne
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
PlanetSide 2
Legend of Raven
N++
Towerfall: Ascension
DiveKick
Minecraft
CounterSpy
Daylight
Hohokum
Helldivers
Pavilion
Rogue Legacy
Velocity 2X
Assault Android Cactus
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
Hotline Miami 2
Pool Nation Extreme
Primal Carnage: Genesis
Ray's the Dead
The Witness
Transistor
Road Not Taken
Secret Ponchos
Samurai Gunn
Guns of Icarus Online
Outlast
Switch Galaxy Ultra
Monochroma
Strider (available PS4 launch day in Japan- Feb. 22nd)

post March releases (April-June)

Final Fantasy XIV

Soldato
^The PS Now BETA is only limited trials in the US, and only PS3 to start with AFAIK, so may as well remove that.

Soldato
I'm interested in finding this out myself. Had a 30 minute run on the game and like others found the map eventually at the end which made it more viable.
But going to look into what exactly you unlock to build etc as after 30 minutes I felt like It was already getting really boring.

I love playing Terraria and put about 18 hours into that a year ago so hopefully this game has more options.

Do the new characters you unlock offer anything different?

You can save and quit any time. Once you die it is game over though. There are ways to be reincarnated if you can find them. The new characters do offer new attributes. Like the next one is a girl who carries a zippy lighter.

Soldato
You can save and quit any time. Once you die it is game over though. There are ways to be reincarnated if you can find them. The new characters do offer new attributes. Like the next one is a girl who carries a zippy lighter.

OK cool I never looked as I just nipped on for half and hour then had to go do something else but I died anyway after putting the controller down when it went dark

I'll give it a few more goes and see how I get on with it. Could be a little time filler to jump back to and see how long I can survive for with little 10-15 minute bursts.

I did find my inventory filled up really fast though and had to drop a load of stuff. Didn't have a use for 90% of it anyway like.

Caporegime
There is rope somewhere - I found some on a dead person, he also had a backpack that extended my inventory. Its definitely a game to play in spurts after getting a decent base camp together.

What are people strategies to begin with? Only played it once and got upto day 10 I think and all I did was setup a main camp with the rock fire thing and then just gathered everything while I left as many traps over rabbit holes as possible that I would collect just before dark to murder, cook and eat.

I was gonna try and build another camp elsewhere but happened upon some dragon thing stealing my crap so I guess I need to build a weapon as I doubt the axe or pickaxe are useful for that.

I enjoyed the game, its just a bit grindy at the start and then once youve established if you dont have an idea what you wanna do I guess it could get samey quite easily. I think you can plant seeds and stuff no?

Need to work out what all the stuff can do that you collect and whats safe to leave behind at camp. I need to kill that dragon dude - and wtf is that ghost blob thing?!?

Soldato
well aside from all the light going out I haven't actually died. I setup a fire near some pig people houses and they ate the food in my traps and then did a poop.
I went into a wormhole which took me to a spider place, killed a few with my axe and then retreated as I din't want to die. Only started finding breakable rocks a bit later. Are the maps different all the time or is it the same one?

Back
Top Bottom