*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
What is the middle resource needed for a spear? I get the twigs/logs and flint but it looks like rope and I've not seen any.

You need one of those science lab things that you make with gold and other parts. There you can refine grass into rope.

There is rope somewhere - I found some on a dead person, he also had a backpack that extended my inventory. Its definitely a game to play in spurts after getting a decent base camp together.

What are people strategies to begin with? Only played it once and got upto day 10 I think and all I did was setup a main camp with the rock fire thing and then just gathered everything while I left as many traps over rabbit holes as possible that I would collect just before dark to murder, cook and eat.

I was gonna try and build another camp elsewhere but happened upon some dragon thing stealing my crap so I guess I need to build a weapon as I doubt the axe or pickaxe are useful for that.

I enjoyed the game, its just a bit grindy at the start and then once youve established if you dont have an idea what you wanna do I guess it could get samey quite easily. I think you can plant seeds and stuff no?

Need to work out what all the stuff can do that you collect and whats safe to leave behind at camp. I need to kill that dragon dude - and wtf is that ghost blob thing?!?

ps3ud0 :cool:

If you build a shovel you can uproot grass tufts, berry bushes and twigs to take back to your base camp and replant. You need to fertilise grass and berries with poop though.

Caporegime
If you build a shovel you can uproot grass tufts, berry bushes and twigs to take back to your base camp and replant. You need to fertilise grass and berries with poop though.
Excellent - so can you make your base camp anywhere then? I think I saw some stills where someone looked like they had some buildings or something and wondered if thats something to find first.

Dno how to build a shovel though, dont think I unlocked it. Ill give it a better go after the weekend. Just need to survive long enough first to secure resources properly (damn frogs and bees pack a punch :p)

Man of Honour
As some of you will no doubt noticed, the forums have been a lot slower recently. One of the reasons for this is the amount of threads we have which are incredibly large, such as this one. To this end, I've shifted the original thread to the Archives, and started this new one. I'll move some of the last posts into this thread now.

If you want to read the start of this thread in it's entirety, please go to http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18514016

Soldato
Thought I'd been suspended or something :p went back to my desk, hit refresh on the PS4 thread and the Quick Reply box was gone. That would explain it!

Associate
Mine never had NAT3 (I had NAT2), but putting any device in the DMZ should get rid of NAT issues. Try that.

rp2000

i had that and rang Virgin and they went through with me on some setting changes on the super hub.not sure who your with .

Have tried DMZ to no avail. I'm with Virgin and have ordered the Superhub 2 - I've tried everything with my router settings to get it to work. Even modem mode.

Soldato
As some of you will no doubt noticed, the forums have been a lot slower recently. One of the reasons for this is the amount of threads we have which are incredibly large, such as this one. To this end, I've shifted the original thread to the Archives, and started this new one. I'll move some of the last posts into this thread now.

If you want to read the start of this thread in it's entirety, please go to http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18514016

It was probably a good idea to get rid of all the pre-release junk anyway!

Soldato
hadn't noticed forums running slowly, still there was a lot of stuff in this thread that won't get read again so least its cleaned it up a little ....

Caporegime

Make this the first post and move everything before this to the archives too buddy?

Caporegime
Stop holding down sprint! :p;). Damn Im lucky so far - gussing my spare controller will probably have issues...

Ive had the DS3 trigger go bust because the spring went...

Soldato

I thought i'd gone mad, cheers for clearing my sanity Davey :)

Back
Top Bottom