*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Not entirely sure 2.01 has fixed the rest mode issue. Left mine in rest mode today, after three hours (which is how long the USB power is set for) it turned off. I've turned it back on, enabled the "internet connection in rest mode" option and set it to rest mode again so I'll see if it's okay in the morning.

No hard crashes or error messages though, just seems to be turning the console off after three hours instead of reducing USB power.

Soldato
My USB power is set to 3 hours purely for the pads, no problem here with it turning off?

What does that mean by the way, the console is taking itself out of rest mode and into fully off?

Soldato
Struggling to find definitive answers here, a question for all you guys with 2 PS4s.

PS Plus for two consoles, my understanding is that one subscription will work across 2 PS4s, but only for my account and therefore my girlfriend will have to get her own subscription if she wants to play online with the second console, is this correct?

I assume DLC will be the same, I will need to buy 1 copy for each PS4 for us both to be able to have access to it, or is it tied to the console and doesnt matter about the users?

Cheers :)

Soldato
Why don't you just leave USB power on indefinitely?

Because it doesn't need to be on all the time. I'm just trying to work out if that particular setting is what's causing all the problems.

Stayed on standby all night though so it seems okay, although I haven't yet tried turning it on again.

Soldato
Can someone please post a screenshot of the login pages for the YouTube app, as I'm trying to login from Russia and the page comes up in Russian without a choice of language.

Soldato
Struggling to find definitive answers here, a question for all you guys with 2 PS4s.

PS Plus for two consoles, my understanding is that one subscription will work across 2 PS4s, but only for my account and therefore my girlfriend will have to get her own subscription if she wants to play online with the second console, is this correct?

I assume DLC will be the same, I will need to buy 1 copy for each PS4 for us both to be able to have access to it, or is it tied to the console and doesnt matter about the users?

Cheers :)

If the primary account of a console is ps+, then all accounts on that console can play online, same with dlc.

If you set your account to primary on her console, then she will be able to play online and use all your dlc etc on her account (but only on the console where yours is the primary).

You can only make one console primary though, so if you do that, then on your console only your account will have access to dlc & online play.

Last edited:
Soldato
Make your GF console as your primary, and your console as her primary then anything either of you buy will be available on both consoles IIRC and she will also get the PSN+. But if PSN goes down it does mess things up somewhat.

Soldato
Make your GF console as your primary, and your console as her primary then anything either of you buy will be available on both consoles IIRC and she will also get the PSN+. But if PSN goes down it does mess things up somewhat.

how does that work ? im sure ive tried that with me and my nephew and it wouldnt let us both play the same game at the same time.

Soldato
Is the ds4 charging cable just your everyday standard cable as I would like to get something longer and of better quality, I find the cable very brittle or rather not very flexible like a softer cable would be.

Back
Top Bottom