*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
I'm definitely updating because my rest mode is literally broken and I've also noticed my PS4 making more noise.

Has anyone upgraded the battery of the DS4? After a few hour sessions the battery dies really disappointing really, if so can someone link me to a genuine upgrade?

Associate
I'm definitely updating because my rest mode is literally broken and I've also noticed my PS4 making more noise.

Has anyone upgraded the battery of the DS4? After a few hour sessions the battery dies really disappointing really, if so can someone link me to a genuine upgrade?

Dim your lightbar on the pad, lasts a lot longer.

Soldato
Disable rumble of you don't mind not having it. Seems to be the biggest energy sapper. I find the rumble in my DS4 really poor and rattly anyway so I'm happy with it off. I miss the 360 controller.

Soldato
I love the DS4 and don't find the battery life too much of an issue. I do however have 2 controllers and alternate between them. It's up there with the 360 controller for me as my fav of all time :)

Associate
One thing that I find has NEVER worked is automatic downloads and installs. Literally when I have it in standby it never downloads and installs game updates etc the way it's meant to. What happens instead is when I power on the downloads immediately start.

That can't be right can it? The description on the console specifically states with ps plus it will automatically download and install.

Associate
Mine installs game updates in standby. PS4 updates though have to be done manually, presumably for license agreements etc.

I see the logic behind installing system updates, but mine don't even download in standby.

Classic example is 2.01, I switch ps4 on and it downloads as I switch it on, as opposed to have downloaded in background ready for me to install.

And I've never had a single game update download in background either. It's definitely enabled in the options, and it's never worked since launch for me.

Caporegime
Firmware downloads/installs aren't classic examples :p

Not sure how to fix it but your experience isn't like mine - surprisingly been good at patching while in rest mode

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Right, so there are many PS4 owners in here, and no doubt many PS3 owners too...

I'm just a PS3 owner...

Other than the fact that PS+ titles are getting progressively less appealling for PS3, why should I move to a PS4 other than nicer graphics?

Associate
Right, so there are many PS4 owners in here, and no doubt many PS3 owners too...

I'm just a PS3 owner...

Other than the fact that PS+ titles are getting progressively less appealling for PS3, why should I move to a PS4 other than nicer graphics?

If you need convincing then you shouldn't be buying it :D

To be honest the PS3 is on borrowed time, over time as the ps4 user base gets even larger the latest games aren't even going to be released on "last gen" consoles.

So while the PS3 might be ok now with new releases being on PS3 too, next year things will change in my opinion.

Plus that aside I'd always want the "best" versions of games, so ps4 is an easy option for me.

Soldato

I'm just a PS3 owner...

If anything the menu system is much faster making online experience better

Caporegime
Wait til there's a game(s) that are next gen only you want then jump - no reason to give you reasons that you can find on google yourself. Only you know when its worth jumping...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom