*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
They really mean almost nothing to me. I don't know if this is because I prefer competitive multi player games or the era of console gaming I grew up in but I really don't care in the slightest.

The first 3D games I played such as Mario 64 or Ocarina of Time are as good as I need them to be graphics wise.

Yeah I agree Mario 64 and Ocarina graphics wise are good enough certainly, but I feel like many Indy games are a lot worse than that and I'm not really a fan.. even if it's in "homage" to the Nes/Megadrive days. Most games like that just don't offer the depth and immersion I expect now a days. It's the same reason I don't game on my phone etc.

Soldato
What way and compare to say, Forza Horizon, what's good or bad about it?

Driving feels very poor, like literally worse than Watch Dogs and its a driving game which for me is the biggest gripe. Graphically its pretty poor but to be sort of expected for the size of it, and the game just has a very bland feel about it. I lasted about 1 hour so i cant say too much but it didn't hold my attention like i thought it would.

Soldato
If you want to class CD Project as an Indy developer maybe using that strict definition but there's no way The Witcher series can be described as anything less than AAA games. Which is the distinction I was making between Indy games on the PSN vs AA/AAA games :).

I understand what you're saying, my point is that people use the term "indie" interchangeably with "low budget" which is incorrect, simply because most "indie" devs produce low budget games.

There's nothing "strict" about using indie to describe CD Projekt, it's simply a fact that they are indie as the term has everything to do with whether they are beholden to a publisher or not.

They are independent from a publisher, hence the term "indie".

Soldato
Aren't slightly mad considered an independent games company and they are currently hard at work on project cars, and that game isn't considered a small title..

looking forward to protect cars actually..

Soldato
Yeah fair enough. Perhaps the best term to keep everyone happy in my original statement is this then;

"I'm glad PSN are giving away higher budget games at last as (really) low budget games arnt for everybody." :)

Caporegime
Driving feels very poor, like literally worse than Watch Dogs and its a driving game which for me is the biggest gripe. Graphically its pretty poor but to be sort of expected for the size of it, and the game just has a very bland feel about it. I lasted about 1 hour so i cant say too much but it didn't hold my attention like i thought it would.

Looks like it was wise to pick FH2 over Drive Club and the Crew then !

Soldato
Think I might be temped by a Black Friday deal if a good one comes up, I'm becoming a bit of a PS+ junkie and there is nothing good appearing for the PS3.

That said, I'll then have a PS2, PS3 and PS4 under my TV, with another PS3 upstairs... Might have to downsize!

fez

fez

Caporegime
I am really torn between Dragon age and GTA5. I didn't get along with GTA4 and sold it after playing for about 3 hours so am I likely to be disappointed with GTA5. I'm a pillock and I can't resist going on meteoritic and looking at the reviews/scores and I read loads of positive ones then a single negative one puts me off.

Soldato
How do you check if auto renew is on/off ?
You can check if auto renew is on/off by Looking at your bank statement after your subscription expires :p

Or you could check by going to
Settings
PSN
Account information
Services List
PlayStation Plus
PlayStation Plus: ** month membership (Subscription)

Last edited:
Soldato
You can check if auto renew is on/off by Looking at your bank statement after your subscription expires :p

Or you could check by going to
Settings
PSN
Account information
Services List
PlayStation Plus
PlayStation Plus: ** month membership (Subscription)

Thanks, £39.99 to auto renew, I don't think so, hahaha

Back
Top Bottom