*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato

No way I'd sell or use that now, put the sticky tape back on the box, store it away somewhere safe and continue bashing away on the standard console.

Can you imagine the value it will have in the future as a brand new sealed item?!? A collectors wet dream right there or pass it on through the family. Seriously, many years from now our "next gen" consoles will be retro classics.

Imagine if you owned a sealed never used SNES or Atari 2600! Even now their value is massive, it will only get more valuable.

Edit: forgot to say, congrats on bagging one! Piece of gaming history that will be.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just joined the ps4 gang today trade in my 10 days old xbone was not impress with the amount of time it took to install games. Forza wasn't as good as I expected either.

Learning the ps4 shame light stays on for standby

Associate
I've just joined the ps4 gang today trade in my 10 days old xbone was not impress with the amount of time it took to install games. Forza wasn't as good as I expected either.

Learning the ps4 shame light stays on for standby

How much did you get and where? I bought an Xbone a few days ago but can't return it due to being used, etc but no bites on eBay.

Soldato
The left stick on my DS4 started to deteriorate, i bought some cover butterfox grips as mentioned in this thread, but i never really got used to them.

Today i replaced the original DS4 analog sticks with Xbox One sticks, wasn't a fun task, i managed to snap the thing that holds the pad motherboard in-place but luckily it wasn't really that important, also managed to fix my right R2 trigger that was loose, so in the end it turned out ok. :p

Enough of that cool little story, Does anyone know if the white DS4, or a DS4 that's recently been manufactured has updated material on the analog sticks? I'm fairly certain if i pick a pad up that has the same analog stick material, it will be just a matter of time before it starts to **** up again. Xbox One sticks are perfect, but its not a fun job installing them.

Permabanned
Ah yes, you're right!!!

You should be OK though no? Didn't you buy 6, then sell them to idiots, then make enough money to buy one for yourself for "free"? Surely that took a month or so so you are within the 360 day limit for the one you bought for "free"? I mean possibly the 6 people who got your launch day ones may be a bit upset, but you should be laughing right? You got a "free" console and got to laugh at idiots. Can't put a price on that.

rp2000

Lol the jealousy is strong in this one

One

One

Soldato
seen a couple of games on the store but only had my ps4 for about a week, im just wondering what happens when you buy them? do they download or do you get a hard copy? anyone every had problems with downloads

No hard copy. Just download and play. Games are big though so make sure you have adequate internet.

Soldato
It's the ribbon connector on the trackpad. You can prise the trackpad off with a flat blade and re connect it. It pulls out really easily.

Done this multiple times I use a pair of tweezers and just pull the ribbon out and use it to slide it back in very easy. Just remember the reset button, and watch the triggers.

Soldato
CdEx, check the pad still works. I put my pads back together and whilst the pad button works, the track pad didn't.

It's the ribbon connector on the trackpad. You can prise the trackpad off with a flat blade and re connect it. It pulls out really easily.

Done this multiple times I use a pair of tweezers and just pull the ribbon out and use it to slide it back in very easy. Just remember the reset button, and watch the triggers.

Yep it happened to me, the ribbon behind the trackpad came loose, as said its an easy fix, just annoying if you don't know.

Soldato
I used remote play on my LG G3 yesterday and it's brilliant. Just a bit awkward so looking to get a mount but there's not much choice in the UK - could anyone link one they are using?

Back
Top Bottom