*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
Bought a PS4 for my son, Is this the common response to trying to sign in, havent got in since opening the present on xmas day. Though i have created an account via PC and have conformation im my email.
"Cannot connect to server within the time limit (NW-31456-9)" is what i get after a while of the circle thing going round and round

Caporegime
The file(s) I downloaded from the PlayStation site did not work :). I searched using Google, for recent problems specific to the error code I was getting, and found a thread on Reddit with someone else having the same problem. Linked on this page was a link for a working file :).

You're not going to share the link are you?

:p

Soldato
The hacking crew responsible for all of this are complete low level scambag garbage.

it's not Sony or Microsoft fault, ddos is very brute force, its way too expensive to protect fully against it, but it's just horrible a bunch of guys thinks it's nice to ruin so many gamers Christmas and I'm sure kids that got games consoles over Christmas are really upset..

if my kids were old enough to be effected by this I'd be very angry indeed. I actually still csnt view the psn store to check January sales, or use my ps4 other then for offline gaming.

Soldato
Just got a PS4 yesterday and I cant even create a new PSN account, the website just times out...

Annoying but nothing a few beers this afternoon wont solve ;)

Hopefully back to normal soon!

Associate
Thought I might as well just carry on with GTA V story mode, but just realised that even that really needs network connection as you can't access some parts of the stock market and will end up losing out on quite a bit of profit to be made, so have given up on that now.

Where can we go for any updates on the situation? I don't do twitter, so please don't suggest that!!

Last edited:
Soldato
So does anyone think we're likely to get an SKU refresh soon with a 1TB model? I'm holding out as I'll 500GB too quickly.

Probably within 6 months or so, but the deals are so good on the 500GB ones at the moment (and you can easily swap the drives) that it seems pointless waiting specifically for a 1TB model.

Soldato
My daughter got a ps4 for Xmas and can't log onto the account I made her on the pc. She is playing as guest 1 can I carry over her game saves when she is able to log on?

One

One

Soldato
Thought I might as well just carry on with GTA V story mode, but just realised that even that really needs network connection as you can't access some parts of the stock market and will end up losing out on quite a bit of profit to be made, so have given up on that now.

Where can we go for any updates on the situation? I don't do twitter, so please don't suggest that!!

You do the internet though right?

https://twitter.com/FinestSquad

Soldato
You do the internet though right?

https://twitter.com/FinestSquad

So they claimed to have 'fixed it 8 hours ago - does that mean its just crappy PSN thats letting us down now then? :mad:

The IP the attacks are coming from are already listed on their twitter site, how hard is it for sony to block one ip address? - ffs, this is taking the mick, I'm well peeved.

Seems everytime theres a bank holiday either sony are performing 'maintenance' or their busy being taken up the rear by some bedroom hackers. If it was any other service provider I would have been able to claim my money back for loss of service. Sony pull your finger out!

Last edited:
Associate
I'm kind of in but not in. Showing my profile and trophies, and in settings I have the option to 'sign out' of psn (suggesting I'm signed in).

But nothing appears under 'what's new' and no friends appear to be online.

Not tried online gaming yet, I'm downloading an update for far cry.

Back
Top Bottom