*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
So they claimed to have 'fixed it 8 hours ago - does that mean its just crappy PSN thats letting us down now then? :mad:

The IP the attacks are coming from are already listed on their twitter site, how hard is it for sony to block one ip address? - ffs, this is taking the mick, I'm well peeved.

Seems everytime theres a bank holiday either sony are performing 'maintenance' or their busy being taken up the rear by some bedroom hackers. If it was any other service provider I would have been able to claim my money back for loss of service. Sony pull your finger out!

Blocking the IP doesn't work with an amplication style DDoS attack. The pipe is situated before the packets get to the firewall to be rejected. This style of attack is very hard to defend against.

Sucks though for those that just want to game.

Associate
So they claimed to have 'fixed it 8 hours ago - does that mean its just crappy PSN thats letting us down now then? :mad:

The IP the attacks are coming from are already listed on their twitter site, how hard is it for sony to block one ip address? - ffs, this is taking the mick, I'm well peeved.

Seems everytime theres a bank holiday either sony are performing 'maintenance' or their busy being taken up the rear by some bedroom hackers. If it was any other service provider I would have been able to claim my money back for loss of service. Sony pull your finger out!

Its not just Sony/PSN having problems XBOX is aswell. DDoS isn't just a few ip's hitting the servers its 100s-1000s of them.

Its the little saddos who sit doing all this you should be annoyed at - attention seeking little ***************** (put waht you want in the * lol) . Its a shame they cant be lined up for a game style finisher on them.

Associate
Hopefully it'll be back online today since they have now been bribed to stop lol. Must have been disappointing for those of you who got new consoles for Christmas.

Soldato
Metro Redux won't load unless I disconnect from the internet, but then when I do and it loads, it's not showing any of my saved games. Surely the saved games should be registered even when you're offline!? BTW I can't connect to PSN either.

Caporegime
OP
Have to say this is yet again very poor show by a multi million pound company cannot defends their products , last time if i remember it was down for weeks

they were hacked back then and had to take it offline to fix security and prevent further leaks of passwords, etc.

this is just a ddos attack, two completely different scenarios, but it boggles me that nobody has found a way to simply block this type of attack.

you would think all it would take is a trace and then a call to their ISP from official cyber crime prevention CIA type office and boom their internet is cut off.

Caporegime
they were hacked back then and had to take it offline to fix security and prevent further leaks of passwords, etc.

this is just a ddos attack, two completely different scenarios, but it boggles me that nobody has found a way to simply block this type of attack.

you would think all it would take is a trace and then a call to their ISP from official cyber crime prevention CIA type office and boom their internet is cut off.

I think they are smart enough to route the attack through hundreds if not thousands of computers across the world with little or no fire wall protection themselves and use them as dummy so it would be hard to block all these computers, especially they could just shift it to next batch.

Soldato
This is becoming more of a joke. Im not sure how long i'll last with PSN its becoming a massive issue to a superior console which is a shame. I understand XBL has been down if i recall correctly its back up now, but the maintenance and general down times are much less than PSN its beyond acceptable.

Associate
Got a PS4 for Christmas and all I want to do is download 'The Golf Club' and chill after all of the festive 'fun'!

Hope we won't be waiting for a month or so like last time... :(

Soldato
How come other companies can recover from DDOS attacks within hours yet it takes Sony days?
I'm getting sick of it - if it ain't maintenance at crucial times it's flippin hackers.

Time to switch the PC on again I guess.

Back
Top Bottom