*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

I said from day 1 sony are lying and their staff wont even be working on it until monday.Guaranteed it will be back up about 2pm monday afternoon because they are lying and nobody is even fixing it until monday morning.

Are we still certain this is due to just the DDOS attacks? Because I seem to have no issues in the early morning but cant reconnect in the evening (Christmas Day was a no go but I was busy). Once online its fine so to me thats says its a login/auth server issue.

Im annoyed but not sure where to place that - thankfully Ive always been more of a SP gamer so quite content. Expected it to be up today, worse part is that it might cure my Destiny 'log on to do something because of something while that something is pointless cos Bungie' activity :p

ps3ud0 :cool:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/27/playstation-network-update-3/#sf6590558

PlayStation Network Update

Posted by Catherine Jensen on Dec 27, 2014 // VP, SCEA Consumer Experience

The video game industry has been experiencing high levels of traffic designed to disrupt connectivity and online gameplay. Multiple networks, including PSN, have been affected over the last 48 hours. PSN engineers are working hard to restore full network access and online gameplay as quickly as possible.
From time to time there may be disruptions in service due to surges in traffic, but our engineers will be working to restore service as quickly as possible.
If you received a PlayStation console over the holidays and have been unable to log onto the network, know that this problem is temporary and is not caused by your game console. We’ll continue to keep you posted on Twitter at @AskPlayStation and we’ll update this post once the problems subside.
Thanks again for your patience.

I've not had my ps4 long but already it's leaving a sour taste in my
Mouth. Console gaming is pathetic if they cannot provide a constant and good service to customers. This is meant to be the easy alternative to pc gaming, yet this doesn't work...

Server Maintenance
The site is currently under maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later. (500)

IS the error I get now on the site :(
PS4 just refuses anything now, also learnt that to use anything like nowTV or plex I need to be signed into PSN :(
My Plex server is runnign fine, not a clue why they want me to log into PSN for it GRR

never mind gaming .....if you own a digital film you cant play it on ps4 .... if you have a ps3 you would have it on the hard-drive , no problems

some serious flaws in the ps4 that need fixing ... the ddos is making that obvious

First time setup of a PS4.

Unable to obtain an IP address..... This a Sony error or down to me?! It's on a wired LAN, the pc and the PS3 are fine, and it must be getting something from the net because the time and date are correct.... :/

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/27/playstation-network-update-3/#sf6590558

PlayStation Network Update

Posted by Catherine Jensen on Dec 27, 2014 // VP, SCEA Consumer Experience

The video game industry has been experiencing high levels of traffic designed to disrupt connectivity and online gameplay. Multiple networks, including PSN, have been affected over the last 48 hours. PSN engineers are working hard to restore full network access and online gameplay as quickly as possible.
From time to time there may be disruptions in service due to surges in traffic, but our engineers will be working to restore service as quickly as possible.
If you received a PlayStation console over the holidays and have been unable to log onto the network, know that this problem is temporary and is not caused by your game console. We’ll continue to keep you posted on Twitter at @AskPlayStation and we’ll update this post once the problems subside.
Thanks again for your patience.

Sounds like a cop-out to me - 'its not our fault' - funny how they also admit to a 'surge in traffic' from time to time - in other words, when new users join.

Capacity issues i'm guessing - too many users with new consoles trying to sign on at once - like they don't have any idea of how many consoles they are selling - pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom