*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Nah, it's still not working, I can't access anything hardly on ps4 even changing mtu I get error ce- 33987-0

I'm always trying to defend PlayStation but this really is a little unfair... back to work Monday. meaning the entire Xmas period I've pretty much had zero access to anything PlayStation related...

tbe utter a holes that started the ddos and then the aftermath from whatever Sony is now attempting has pretty much grated on me now...

csnt even use plex, thank God I've got a smart tv.. trusting a games console to run it all is not from the looks a smart move. if the ps4 was my only means of evening entertainment then I'd be watching a blank screen right now.

Associate
Whilst I may not have mentioned it - I know EXACTLY how the internet works - been in this game for over 20 years kid.

DDOS attacks have officially stopped - they stopped yesterday. Services are taking time to recover simply because of the influx of new players AND the mess left over from the DDOS attacks.

IF Sony had actually bothered to call in a team to sort out the mess it would be up and running by now. Instead they've probably got a couple of "on-call" engineers sat in india rebooting servers like that will fix anything.

IF DDOS attacks are solely to blame here - tell me why is it that it works ok in a morning and then not in an afternoon? - DDOS attacks are simple - they bombard your servers for requests to acknowledge - nothing more nothing less. They aren't that difficult to combat - thats why you see other businesses prioritise and deal with it within a couple of hours. Not flippin days!

They've more or less acknowledged its a combination of the DDOS attacks AND 'surge in traffic' (read that as new users) that's caused the problem as per the VP's official statement - guess I still need to learn how the internet works eh? :rolleyes:

Maybe some of you should learn how to run an online service.....

Well as you know how all of this works, get in touch with them and tell them you know how to sort it out - you have been in "the game for 20 years" you know how to stop it. MS and Sony clearly have not got a clue whats going on or how to stop it yet you do.

Soldato
Well as you know how all of this works, get in touch with them and tell them you know how to sort it out - you have been in "the game for 20 years" you know how to stop it. MS and Sony clearly have not got a clue whats going on or how to stop it yet you do.

Considering the Internet was only really introduced in 1991, I very much doubt he has actually been "in this game for over 20 years kid"

Soldato
ah great now my sky tv isn't working, no ps4 is registered as a device but was working before?

Same, oddly it worked early today, now nothing... and I've had another email telling my ps+ sub has expired and Sony were unable to find my wallet to get funds to renew ?? Odd considering I'm signed up to the service for another 11 months..

Hmmm

Soldato
Considering the Internet was only really introduced in 1991, I very much doubt he has actually been "in this game for over 20 years kid"

Dont even pretend as if you know me dude. You don't.
Whilst the internet aint been around for very long (in its public form) computing has been around for a lot longer smart ass.

Whilst i aint no internet security expert it doesnt take much technical knowledge to understand what is happening here at all if you work with computers. IP isnt that difficult to understand, but i bet neither of you have a clue.

For an electronics giant as big as Sony i apologise if I am expecting too much from their pathetic design of an authentication and online business.

Back
Top Bottom