*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Its usually pretty quick but yeah something cant be right a lately i thought it might have been the PSN servers. Ive just looked on the router settings and cant find anything to do with power levels really, i've got the wireless speeds up to 144mb on both 2ghz and 5ghz which is best for wireless range, as the 144mb max speed is more than adequate.

Are you with virgin media, you can find power levels in the superhub router Webpage in the top right (no need to log in). Might not be that though if you get good speeds on all your other devices.

Soldato
Tried to by pass the home hub and go straight into the open reach modem (as mine has a pair of lan ports) but the ps4 just reports no lan cable connected.

Sigh, looking like I'll just have to try living with it as it is.

Edit: never mind, lan2 is disabled at firmware level according to bt so it's a dead port anyhow.

It's a modem, one connection only.

Soldato
Ah, it'd be a shame if it was down to psn, as it is I can't really game online with it (my record is around 20mins of gta before getting timed out). If so Sony really need to sort this out, as I'll look at a download size and ignore it knowing how long it takes or take the even easier route and just play it on my PC.

I seem to recall the ps3 having a lot more options in network settings and Ethernet port configuration then the ps4 has too?

BT infinity here, usually get maxed out downloads from PSN using homeplugs. Same when I had Sky Fibre.

Soldato
Not sure if my PS4 is right or not as ive never had any experience of one before but when gaming mine is quite loud is that normal? I know loudness is subjective but I couldn't watch tv or a film without putting the volume up above normal levels, I've just changed the thermal paste on my ps3 again as that got loud and its now idling 20C lower and is silent in comparison

Doesn't sound right to me. Can't hear mine (except for the initial read of a disc based game) even after it's been running a while.

Soldato
Mine is brand new and gets a tad loud once its really into the thick of a game (CODAW SP or something)

Nothing that seems to bad to worry about though. Remember noise is all personal perception. Whats acceptable for some is not for others etc.

Soldato
Mine is brand new and gets a tad loud once its really into the thick of a game (CODAW SP or something)

Nothing that seems to bad to worry about though. Remember noise is all personal perception. Whats acceptable for some is not for others etc.

ps4 has an internal psu so generates a bit of heat when a game is stressing the system, hence the fans ramp up. it's noticeable but it's a lot quieter then my gaming laptop or my ps3.

if it starts to make lots of fan noise if using for Netflix or something then worry.. ps4 is not as silent running as an x1, the x1 is eerily quiet for a machine that plays games.

Associate
Any news on the 10% discount due to lizard downtime? I guess it's doubtful they will issue it whilst the current sale items are running...

I would like to spend some PSN credit I've racked up with CDkeys.com offers and make the most of it, which means getting a PSN subscription before making game purchases too.

Getting very itchy fingers!

Associate
Also might need to get my PS4 looked at by Sony. Got it for Christmas and had three separate episodes of beeping /disc ejecting randomly.

Tried following suggestions (lots of similar cases out there) but it happened again this evening:

1.switching off, unplugging cables and leaving for 3mins before reconnecting, etc...
2. Updating firmware and rebuilding database from safe mode
3. Tightening manual disc removal screw

Anyone else had experience of this?

Soldato
Also might need to get my PS4 looked at by Sony. Got it for Christmas and had three separate episodes of beeping /disc ejecting randomly.

Tried following suggestions (lots of similar cases out there) but it happened again this evening:

1.switching off, unplugging cables and leaving for 3mins before reconnecting, etc...
2. Updating firmware and rebuilding database from safe mode
3. Tightening manual disc removal screw

Anyone else had experience of this?

Do you have it on a glass shelf ?

Back
Top Bottom