*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Yes I do MOOGLEYS - I'm intrigued, tell me more!!!

Glass is prone to static electricity this can cause touch sensitive conductive devices issues. The PS4 eject button being so close to the glass is the issue.

Try putting the PS4 on something like a cork or wood dinner mat making sure the mat protrudes under the button. This should solve the issue.

Associate
Glass is prone to static electricity this can cause touch sensitive conductive devices issues. The PS4 eject button being so close to the glass is the issue.

Try putting the PS4 on something like a cork or wood dinner mat making sure the mat protrudes under the button. This should solve the issue.

Thank you very much. Already giving it a go ;)

Soldato
I'm now convinced my router is the source of my issues...

Managed to get on gta online, via a party invite, all was going swimmingly, we joined another session, to everyone in the party I'm offline, their session says it's full and I cannot join. I was online and could still hear them talking, yet everyone saw me as offline, so I suspect some port is randomly closing and killing my connection to psn.

I may try a switch first to go direct from the modem, if that yields good results I'll invest some money in a tried and tested router.

Associate
Unplug all cables (power, hdmi etc) and hold the power button down for fifteen seconds, worked for me buddy.

This worked for me too. I also have my PS4 on a glass shelf. I actually had to do this a few times.
Mine has been fine since I did this - probably about 3 months ago now...

Apparently it's a static build up in the PS4.

Associate
Unplug all cables (power, hdmi etc) and hold the power button down for fifteen seconds, worked for me buddy.

Not sure I quite understand. Can you clarify?

1. Unplug cables
2. Press power button for 15secs
3. Plug back in cables
4. Switch on

??? :confused: :)

Hopefully the problem won't return with MOOGLEYS solution ;)

Soldato
1. Unplug all cables. Including hdmi, power etc.
2. Hold the power button down for fifteen seconds or so
3. Plug em all back in. Then switch the console on

I had the problem where my ps4 was trying to eject disks every 10 seconds or so even though there was no disks in there :D

Edit; I literally came home and my ps4 was on, which was spooky, it must have been doing it all day. At first I thought the fans were knackered!

Last edited:
Associate
1. Unplug all cables. Including hdmi, power etc.
2. Hold the power button down for fifteen seconds or so
3. Plug em all back in. Then switch the console on

I had the problem where my ps4 was trying to eject disks every 10 seconds or so even though there was no disks in there :D

Edit; I literally came home and my ps4 was on, which was spooky, it must have been doing it all day. At first I thought the fans were knackered!

Thanks. Will try that if the problem returns.

I left mine in 'rest' mode with TV and Amplifier switched off. When I came back the TV, amplifier and PS4 were on (HDMI Control) and the disc was half out. I was very confused!

Back
Top Bottom