*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
I was downloading Infamous yesterday and i have a 150mb connection and it took around 4 hours to download with the Ethernet plugged in. Not experienced this slow speed with my PS4 before.

Soldato
Budget? I don't really think you can go wrong with a pair of Astro A40s Gamestop over Xmas did them on offer for £129 mixamp included which IMO is a superb deal, i've had mine for a while now albeit the wireless version and i love them in comparison to other headsets i've owned no interference either. That's without going into the audiophile discussion though as many people will suggest other headphones undoubtedly. The Astro mixamp is great and its very easy to set up.

I was thinking more towards the £60 - £80 mark. My Roccat Kave 5.1 cost £55 and do a cracking job on my PC but the PS4 doesn't have individual jack leads.

Soldato
If your on a virgin line have you checked your power levels on the router?

I'd be surprised if it's that if other stuff is fine.

PS4, PS3 and PSN in general has always been crap for download speed for me on VM, whereas virtually every other service maxes out my 152Mb connection if the device is wired.

IMO the backbone infrastructure just isn't up to much for a service that big.

Soldato
Question guys, when you purchase games from the playstation entertainment website should they download automatically?
I just bought oddworld but I needed to go to my download list and select download to ps4. I thought it would do it automatically, I guess not.

Thanks

Soldato
Tried to by pass the home hub and go straight into the open reach modem (as mine has a pair of lan ports) but the ps4 just reports no lan cable connected.

Sigh, looking like I'll just have to try living with it as it is.

Edit: never mind, lan2 is disabled at firmware level according to bt so it's a dead port anyhow.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm guessing all.

With virgin media you need to go to your superhub routers Webpage and its somewhere in there.

Its usually pretty quick but yeah something cant be right a lately i thought it might have been the PSN servers. Ive just looked on the router settings and cant find anything to do with power levels really, i've got the wireless speeds up to 144mb on both 2ghz and 5ghz which is best for wireless range, as the 144mb max speed is more than adequate.

Back
Top Bottom