*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Turned my ps4 on before the psn maintenance and then I fell asleep on sofa , signs I'm getting too old for this lol ... oh well least I'm not tired this morning..

Soldato
I think I've figured out my poor internet experience with my ps4...

Basically the home hub 3 is a complete waste of space, I did some port testing and upnp isn't functioning correctly, ports 80 and 443 remain closed at all times, it refuses to place anything into dmz and manually opening ports yields some invalid range errors from the hub.

Going to pick up a tp link ac1750 tomorrow and hopefully it will for the most part, sort my issues.

Associate
Did it irk you the same on PS3? Isn't it just horizontal now instead of vertical?

It didnt, but for some reason the games on my PS3 seem more organised the way it lists them) but I know what you mean ones horizontal the other lists vertical, the PS3 sorted games into folders (ie PS1, PS2, PS3 etc)

It would be nice if the PS4 would sort games like

Installed (Disc)
Installed (Digital)

Then have a recently played folder or favorites folder. The games Library listing on PS4 nice as the PS3 hasnt got that, but it has no search etc.

Associate
For those that have mentioned the fan noise.

Do you have the PS4 placed flat or standing.

I have mine standing same as my PS3 but that is in a stand.

I noticed some games the fan was getting faster etc, when i put it laying flat it started to get quieter.

If its standing up the bottom air flow area only has the front and rear gaps for air to go through.

As a test i had some foam pads cut them to sit under 4 corners of the PS4 when its standing. it now has a 10 mm gap between the desk and the base of it allowing a lot more air to flow in through the bottom of it.

The fan noise is a lot quieter. So if you get a stand make sure its one that allows air flow - the offical one does but not shops ever seem to have stock of it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Crikey. The Dualshock 4 is a bit of a shock innit? At first I thought it felt horrendous but it's growing on me. Love the speaker sound effects. That really adds some kind of depth. The only thing I'm not keen on so far on PS4 is the jumbled mess that is the user interface and the fact they still haven't got any kind of decent patch system - Steam is the model which Sony should be following.

Otherwise, Infamous First Light is quite something to look at and I just have to figure out WTF is going on in Resogun.

Soldato
Resogun is awesome... you need to shoot the aliens that follow a white line to release the human from his box /cage, then erm pick him up and send him to the portal at the top the screen, once you work it out, awesome twin stick shooter.

save the last human lol

Back
Top Bottom