*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Question- Can you use the Xbox One (and plug and charge USB lead) to charge up the DualShock 4? I'm not keen on leaving the PS4 in rest mode overnight to charge the controller but the Xbone charges its controller even in powered off mode.

Should work. Rest mode is perfectly safe to use though, you can set it so it only supplies power to the USB ports for three hours which is more than enough time for the controller to charge. It won't actually be doing anything or using any significant amount of power unless there are files/updates to download.

Caporegime
Question- Can you use the Xbox One (and plug and charge USB lead) to charge up the DualShock 4? I'm not keen on leaving the PS4 in rest mode overnight to charge the controller but the Xbone charges its controller even in powered off mode.

Yes you can, that's what I do (with my DS4), I just plug the cable into the side USB port on the XB1.

Caporegime
Should work. Rest mode is perfectly safe to use though, you can set it so it only supplies power to the USB ports for three hours which is more than enough time for the controller to charge. It won't actually be doing anything or using any significant amount of power unless there are files/updates to download.

I'm not worried about the electric usage, more so there is an outage which crashes the console or something. ;)

Yes you can, that's what I do (with my DS4), I just plug the cable into the side USB port on the XB1.

And does the yellow bar on the DS4 light up and then go out at charge completion in the same way?

Soldato
I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get a ribbon cable that attaches to the touchpad?

I had a little mishap when I was cleaning my controller out!:o

Back
Top Bottom