*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Have they added the ability to playback media (mp3/mp4/avi et al) on the PS4 yet? It's the only reason why I haven't taken the plunge yet, and I can't find anything mentioning it anywhere I've looked.

Soldato
Right my thumbs keep slipping off the analogue sticks on my ps4 controller. Looking at videos the sticks are easy to change, will changing the sticks make my fingers stop slipping?

If so, what ones are people advising to get? I've seen loads on eBay bit not sure which ones to go for.

Soldato
Have they added the ability to playback media (mp3/mp4/avi et al) on the PS4 yet? It's the only reason why I haven't taken the plunge yet, and I can't find anything mentioning it anywhere I've looked.

MP3 via USB stick, simple enough..

MKV /MP4 etc via Plex no direct DNLA as yet, and TBH I don't think it'll ever come, MKV playback seems to be covered by other devices nowadays. I don't see it as a high priority for Sony at the moment.

Soldato
For anyone interested, I got a PlayStation TV yesterday purely for the PS4 streaming.

Works very well, I am on a wired network though. There is obviously some noticeable compression, but to say the image is a stream at 720p it's not too bad at all. I haven't noticed any image breakup or pausing like I sometimes got with remote play on the Vita.

Input lag for the controls is also more than acceptable, I played Driveclub without any difficulties.

Soldato
Does the vita tv allow you to connect a ds4 and use the same account as the ps4 unlike the ps vita which does not, you connect a ds4 to a vita and it just asks you to log out the ps4 meaning you don't earn trophies on your main account, very annoying

Soldato
Does the vita tv allow you to connect a ds4 and use the same account as the ps4 unlike the ps vita which does not, you connect a ds4 to a vita and it just asks you to log out the ps4 meaning you don't earn trophies on your main account, very annoying

Not quite sure what you mean? I'm using a DualShock 4 with my PS TV, and I only have one PSN account for both it and the PS4.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom