*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Not quite sure what you mean? I'm using a DualShock 4 with my PS TV, and I only have one PSN account for both it and the PS4.

That's answered my question actually.. so you only need one account , the ps vita I can't use my main account with a ds4 connected to the vita via remote play, I use the same account on my vita but the two cannot use the same account via remote play, I have to sign the ps4 in with another account to use my ds4 on my vita.

Soldato
That's answered my question actually.. so you only need one account , the ps vita I can't use my main account with a ds4 connected to the vita via remote play, I use the same account on my vita but the two cannot use the same account via remote play, I have to sign the ps4 in with another account to use my ds4 on my vita.

Weird, I never used a separate controller on my Vita (actually didn't know you could :o) but didn't have any account sharing issues.

Soldato
Weird, I never used a separate controller on my Vita (actually didn't know you could :o) but didn't have any account sharing issues.

Yeah there was an update that allowed ds4 to be used with a vita, but if you share the same account via vita and ps4 this works fine with the vita controls, but soon as you attached a ds4 you need to sign into the ps4 using a different account. it's so weird how it works, the only solution is to sign into the vita with a different account. but, as it happens guess what.. the vita only allows one account..you can do a memory card swap trick, but what a faff about eh?

Soldato
This is a faff, I want to be able to do it without getting the cable out, it's a wireless controller after all.

It's down to how blue tooth works for PlayStation controllers, it's gong to pair the blue tooth address to the device, and you csnt link Bluetooth devices between more then one device, its a limitation on now Bluetooth peripherals work.

Last edited:
Soldato
The PlayStation Juggernaut rolls on:

ie.ign.com/articles/2015/02/04/strong-playstation-4-sales-boost-sony-profit

It's crazy how popular the console is considering the X1 pricing and releases during the end of last year.

Soldato
The PlayStation Juggernaut rolls on:

ie.ign.com/articles/2015/02/04/strong-playstation-4-sales-boost-sony-profit

It's crazy how popular the console is considering the X1 pricing and releases during the end of last year.

Sony has also provided the answer to the how to counter the X1 reductions in the US. They will do nothing..!!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2015/02/04/sony-isnt-planning-a-ps4-price-cut-anytime-soon/

So anyone looking to buy a PS4 best look for warehouse deals if you want to get a good deal, or look for a bundle where you can sell off the games to offset the cost of a new machine..

I personally think its a huge up yours to all the doom gloom mongers saying Sony was done for, they aren't, its only the mobile division that is making a significant lose from their latest profit figures, but their games and entertainment division is soaring, and their TV brand has become strong again.

And with the sale of SOE (why they even had SOE) is good news as well, as i've never actually played any SOE games and didn't even think of SOE that much, so news of SOE games going multiplat is really not news at all. Other then I hope SOE now moves on and those working at SOE are safe in their jobs. Sony can put that money into Playstation, can only mean good things from here on..

I said it this time last year that Sony are making good (and a few bad) market choices and appears its working.

Rebranding all their services to PS Now, PS Music, PS Movies etc is a good move, the Playstation brand is strong, a household name so Sony are putting this name to good use...

PS4 is tracking the same as the Wii, the Wii was cheap and had an amazing gimmick at the time, PS4 is selling on its strength of games, and its not as cheap as you think, £300 ish for a games console is a lot of money, yet its selling with no gimmick..

The market for a good old games machine does seem to be there.. Can't knock Sony for giving consumers what they wanted..

Permabanned
My son bought an Xbox one with his birthday money, having had a ps4 since launch, I must say xbl is so much better and the OS is a lot nicer than ps4, plus decent media functions I think xbox one will overtake unless sony pull a finger out

Soldato
I don't think it'll overtake it (PS4) anytime soon in terms of sales but the XB1 GUI is definitely superior to the PS4's.

*Shrug*

I love my PS4.

I think both x1 and ps4 have usable dashboards that get the job done, neither is better or worse, its mostly down to taste.. which is what I was getting at, ps4 is way ahead, and its not slowing down... doesn't matter which has the better os which again I think both have os systems that get it done... I don't much like the ps4 horizontally organised tiles, I'd prefer folders but there you go.. it does what it does, least I can launch my games

Permabanned
Not sure if serious...??

I am, I just think sony has stepped off the gas, I mean all these promised functions haven't materialised yet, it's been over a year! Xbox can do more at the moment, sony is resting and psn is a poor comparison to xbl. I love my ps4 but having seen the other side, I must say it looks better

Soldato
I am, I just think sony has stepped off the gas, I mean all these promised functions haven't materialised yet, it's been over a year! Xbox can do more at the moment, sony is resting and psn is a poor comparison to xbl. I love my ps4 but having seen the other side, I must say it looks better

both ms and Sony have work to be done...

x1 has the horrfic install times to fix, Sony need to get on with resume mode...

both xlive and psn have issues sadly, xlive has had quite a few outages during last week, psn is no better...

x1 and ps4 both need to mature imo and Sony hasn't taken its foot of the gas at all, its just ms had more to do at the start... both have lots to do, and Sony has some epic plans ahead so war,h this space I say

Caporegime
When you put the PS4 into rest mode does it kill any running apps/games? Or do they still not have a standby feature after almost 18 months?

Spooky - seems I was not alone in my question. ^^^ :D

Soldato
When you put the PS4 into rest mode does it kill any running apps/games? Or do they still not have a standby feature after almost 18 months?

Spooky - seems I was not alone in my question. ^^^ :D

Yeah I think they started working on resume mode in the last major firmware update, it messed up rest mode for loads, and now its sorta died , Sony need to get working on it, my vita has it, great feature..

It'll come one day, Tbh the ps4 is pretty quick launching apps etc but it's a feature I'd like as sometimes I just want to restart where I left off, vita is so handy for that..

Soldato
My son bought an Xbox one with his birthday money, having had a ps4 since launch, I must say xbl is so much better and the OS is a lot nicer than ps4, plus decent media functions I think xbox one will overtake unless sony pull a finger out

The Xbox is selling well but the gap is still significant and won't be closed just because of a few relatively minor features or differences.

Soldato
I've taken instant on off on the X1 as it is prone to crashing on it when enabled. From a cold boot the PS4 is a lot faster. With regards to OS it's really down to preference, both have pro's and cons. Those sales figures are huge and that was a massive quarter for Xbox that MS had to nail and to be fair they didn't put a foot wrong really but it seems Sony has the momentum and everybody simply wants the PS4. 2015 looks to be potentially Sony's biggest year game wise as well so I don't see where this stops to be honest.

Caporegime
Question- Can you use the Xbox One (and plug and charge USB lead) to charge up the DualShock 4? I'm not keen on leaving the PS4 in rest mode overnight to charge the controller but the Xbone charges its controller even in powered off mode.

Back
Top Bottom