*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
If you have used SCP's tool in the past, you may need to uninstall the drivers to use the DS4 with bluetooth.
Am using SCP's at the moment with ds3+ bluetooth dongle(will it uninstall without a problem?).
MotioninJoy which I used before was a big problem to get rid of.(new windows installation)

Soldato
Do you think it's worth writing another email to sony?

I imagine they get plenty of people whining at them every time it goes down, another email isn't going to achieve anything.

They're well aware that people don't like it anyway, a PSN survey went out via email the other day and one point they asked about several times was how the periods of downtime and routine maintenance affected perception of PSN and the PS brand.

Associate
I plan to buy something like this to replace the glossy cover on the PS4. It's such a scratch magnet! Heaven forbid if I looked at the thing under direct light. It would probably drive me mad!

Last edited:
Soldato
I am not a fan of the gloss black cover but the see through covers look terrible, the only replacement I would consider is black plastic like the rest of the console. Might try to find a cheap cover and wrap it in matte black, it wouldn't be perfect but would blend in a lot better than gloss.

Associate
My cats munched on my PS4 Headphone/Mic, what's a good replacement? Prefer not have the full over the ear job, just a simple over the ear or ear in ear headphone will most likely do. Not to worried about the cost.

Caporegime
OP
My cats munched on my PS4 Headphone/Mic, what's a good replacement? Prefer not have the full over the ear job, just a simple over the ear or ear in ear headphone will most likely do. Not to worried about the cost.

buy any standard usb mic/headset if you want cheap but decent.

if your looking for one that plugs into the controller then buy a Belkin Mic with Remote for iPhone and plug in any set of earphones from this guide

http://theheadphonelist.com/earphon*******s-guide/

some from that guide can be had for less than £5 and it has to be that belkin cable, it needs to have a trss connector which that cable does.

Caporegime
OP
Is Bluetooth support for headsets available any time soon??

Nothing has been mentioned by sony but they did say they would be launching surround sound through USB soon.

I don't think they can or want to support 3rd party bluetooth devices.

The ps4 iirc can only support 4 controllers. The PS3 could support 7 as well as any bluetooth headset.

They have probably used cheaper chips this time round. Also SQ by bluetooth unless it's apt-x isn't that great. Okay for voice comms but not in game sounds.

Soldato
The ps4 can only handle 4 bluetooth devices? I didn't know this, guess this is why we've not seen a blue thooth media remote like on ps3...

I use a audio splitter in the ds4 for Mic and audio anyhow, but still.. explains why so few bluetooth devices for ps4 other then controllers...

Back
Top Bottom