*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

That's garbage though, the game sound output from the PS4 pad is perfectly fine. It sounds just like any headphone output of any comparable device, i.e. iPhone / iPad. To say it's unusable for anything other than voice chat is just exaggeration to the extreme.

no it's not see my explanation below why so. if you cannot hear the difference between a decent phone and the ds4 your either deaf or have crap headphones.

Agreed, it's fine for in game sounds.

I still quite like the fact audio files and recordings play through the controller in game. Just adds a little immersion to it. Not quite sure what Sonny's expectations are, it's a cool little feature.

are you talking about the speaker or the headphone jack?

i have nothing against the speaker, the headphone jacks audio quality is horrible though.

if they were to bring out a new ps4 and a new ds4 with apt-x i would sell my current console and get that version.

To be fair the headphone jack in the ds4 is perfectly adequate for most needs. No worse then my headphone jack for my mobile phone, and I use that to watch movies etc..

you do realise mobile phones and tablets have very high quality DAC's in them? it's the amp that is the weak part of any mobile phone.

so long as your not trying to power AKG Q701's or HD600's your fine.

so yeah the SQ of a mobile phone (if it's a decent mobile) will be very high. higher than onboard on a PC, higher then a DS4 by quite a large margin too.

clearly you don't know much about DAC's etc.

i would gladly watch a movie through a tablet or listen to music on a mobile phone and i do. i wouldn't do the same using a ds4.

no it's not see my explanation below why so. if you cannot hear the difference between a decent phone and the ds4 your either deaf or have crap headphones.

are you talking about the speaker or the headphone jack?

i have nothing against the speaker, the headphone jacks audio quality is horrible though.

if they were to bring out a new ps4 and a new ds4 with apt-x i would sell my current console and get that version.

you do realise mobile phones and tablets have very high quality DAC's in them? it's the amp that is the weak part of any mobile phone.

so long as your not trying to power AKG Q701's or HD600's your fine.

so yeah the SQ of a mobile phone (if it's a decent mobile) will be very high. higher than onboard on a PC, higher then a DS4 by quite a large margin too.

clearly you don't know much about DAC's etc.

i would gladly watch a movie through a tablet or listen to music on a mobile phone and i do. i wouldn't do the same using a ds4.

Well I'm therefore deaf and have rubbish headphones as guess what. I can't tell much difference when using my earphones with either my ds4 or my HTC m8 mobile phone.

Oh well, lucky me I guess as means I am not bothered by it then.... Cool.

Ah so makes two of us that are deaf , cool....

I guess he means for audiophile its not great, but for casual usage its fine...

I have stated about 10 times it's fine for voice comms but not anything else :o

But that's because I'm used to high quality audio.

I own the following headphones;

HD25-1 II
Momentums
HD558
HD600
HD700
Q701

Will add the X2 to my collection when they are a better price.

HD700's have a rrp of £600 and are currently £499 on amazon. So yes you could say I am used to HQ audio and the DS4 to me sounds horrible.

Are you loaded? :eek:

Bet they sound same as a £10 pair to me lol...

it's the same as tv's. it all depends on how good your senses are.

some people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a £10 set and a £1000 set. others could tell the difference between a £10 and a £20 set.

some people swear there is no difference in the HD and SD version of BBC1 for instance when i can blatantly see a huge difference.

i can see the difference between my tv and inferior tv straight away also, others who have seen my tv think theirs is better when every review and my eyes state differently. as do professional calibrators.

there is a guy on here who has listened to a set of headphones worth £20K+ and he stated they were on the same level as a set worth £1200.

once you hit the £150-£250 price point everything above that level isn't much better tbh. your paying huge sums for marginal improvements.

i have owned a lot more headphones than the ones i currently do too.

in fact i just remembered i missed DT770's off the list I own them as well.

i have recently sold fidelio X1's and hifiman He400's.

Sounds like snake oil to me.

it would to you. if it isn't made by MS then it's no good.

http://www.head-fi.org/f/7775/video-games-discussion

you ever heard of head fi? basically the number 1 forum for headphones.

that is their gaming subforum if your looking for gaming headphones, if you want stuff for music/movies then better off looking on the main part of the forums.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad...uide-5-31-2015-beyer-cop-and-shure-1540-added

that is a brilliant guide for gaming headphones

here is someone comparing microphones, next you will all say a £1 mic is just as good as a £30 mic.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/737931/mic-sound-quality-boom-pro-vs-mod-mic-vs-clip-on-vs-beyerdynamic-etc

here is a ps4 thread which discusses the problems with the DS4 audio quality

http://www.head-fi.org/t/690663/ps4-with-3-5mm-x2-type-headset

http://www.head-fi.org/t/764608/ps4-headsets-again

To be fair, the difference between my AD700's via amp compared to my chat headset via controller is massive. As I said though it's fine for what it is when I need comms.

AD700's are easily in the top 10 of gaming headphones ever made. Maybe even top 5.

I'm jelly I have never had the pleasure of using a pair. They are EOL so you can only get them second hand now. I've been told my Q701's are just as good for gaming so I'm not that mad I never had the pleasure of using them.

Sonny why do you own so many headsets though? Surely you have no need for that many? I would have thought you'd sell an inferior pair in order to step up to a superior pair. I'd understand having one backup set, but to own so many? Why?

Back
Top Bottom