*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Hasn't Bloodborne already been forgotten about due to Witcher...

Your crazy logic to try to twist a conversation to match your agenda knows no bounds does it?

"PS4 has no games! "

" PS4 people don't play all the gamez because of other gamez! "

Carry on with the crusade fella.

Last edited:
Your crazy logic to try to twist a conversation to match your agenda knows no bounds does it?

"PS4 has no games! "

" PS4 people don't play all the gamez because of other gamez! "

Carry on with the crusade fella.

You're best off ignoring him, you're responding to him and its fueling him.

Moving on...

Has anyone managed to get the PayPal top up for £50 get £10 off as I did this when the previous promotion was on, tried again but its failed saying voucher been used?

Great thing is the Bluetooth audio stream to the controller for night viewing!

i've said it before and i'll say it again.

the controllers SQ is only acceptable for voice chat. for in game sounds it is horrible.

so using it for movies or tv shows would be a complete no-no.

get yourself a wireless mixamp if you care about SQ or a decent wired setup into an amp. or one of those wireless sennheisers.

some people will be along to say how wrong i am but if you have ever owned a decent dac/amp and a decent pair of headphones you would know that the controllers audio output is terrible.

it sounds like magnetic tape to me. the difference in quality when using optical out for sounds is very night and day on a decent pair of headphones.

I haven't actually tried it yet, I'll weigh up the quality vs convenience when I do.

Mu current setup is optical out via Fiio E17.

what headphones?

E17 is a great portable dac/amp but how do you do voice chat with that? or do you not use voice chat?

if you don't use the e17 when out and about i would sell it and get a mixamp for voice chat. if you don't use voice chat then i would keep it or maybe look into upgrading to a more desktop orientated dac/amp if you don't use it as a portable.

i really like the schiit vali as an amp doesn't cost the earth but sounds very high end. with a suitable optical DAC it would be bliss on the ps4.

The included wired headset is fine for me for voice chat.

That Fiio E17 is just for watching media. Only recently got the PS4. E17 because I can move it between my PC and TV (different rooms) with minimal fuss.

Headphones are Fidelio X1 and Senn IE80.

the controllers SQ is only acceptable for voice chat. for in game sounds it is horrible.

Unsure why you are expecting perfect sound quality from a headphone port in the bottom of a Bluetooth controller. It's perfectly fine for the odd occasion when you want headphones (and don't necessarily have access to a Bluetooth / RF pair).

In fact it's the one thing I do miss when using the X1 pad.

The included wired headset is fine for me for voice chat.

That Fiio E17 is just for watching media. Only recently got the PS4. E17 because I can move it between my PC and TV (different rooms) with minimal fuss.

Headphones are Fidelio X1 and Senn IE80.

X1 will be fantastic for movies, great all round headphones. Your sorted then plus they complement the E17 very well.

I would leave that setup as is then.

Unsure why you are expecting perfect sound quality from a headphone port in the bottom of a Bluetooth controller. It's perfectly fine for the odd occasion when you want headphones (and don't necessarily have access to a Bluetooth / RF pair).

In fact it's the one thing I do miss when using the X1 pad.

where did i say i wanted perfect sound from it?

i stated it's so bad i wouldn't use it for anything other than voice chat because you don't need high quality audio for that IMO but it would be nice if it's something they address with the ps5.

in fact there are only 2 solutions for voice chat on the ps4 USB (which is better for voice but not for in game sounds) or the controller.

i use the controller for voice chat only because my mixamp (all other sounds using optical out) isn't compatible with the USB chat cable astro released.

where did i say i wanted perfect sound from it?

i stated it's so bad i wouldn't use it for anything other than voice chat because you don't need high quality audio for that IMO but it would be nice if it's something they address with the ps5.

That's garbage though, the game sound output from the PS4 pad is perfectly fine. It sounds just like any headphone output of any comparable device, i.e. iPhone / iPad. To say it's unusable for anything other than voice chat is just exaggeration to the extreme.

That's garbage though, the game sound output from the PS4 pad is perfectly fine. It sounds just like any headphone output of any comparable device, i.e. iPhone / iPad. To say it's unusable for anything other than voice chat is just exaggeration to the extreme.

Agreed, it's fine for in game sounds.

I still quite like the fact audio files and recordings play through the controller in game. Just adds a little immersion to it. Not quite sure what Sonny's expectations are, it's a cool little feature.

To be fair the headphone jack in the ds4 is perfectly adequate for most needs. No worse then my headphone jack for my mobile phone, and I use that to watch movies etc..

No complaints from me either while using the pad's 3.5mm jack, sounds pretty good to be honest, I'm sure buying a DAC and expensive Cans with be better, but it's all to much hassle for me.

so using it for movies or tv shows would be a complete no-no.

get yourself a wireless mixamp if you care about SQ or a decent wired setup into an amp. or one of those wireless sennheisers.

some people will be along to say how wrong i am but if you have ever owned a decent dac/amp and a decent pair of headphones you would know that the controllers audio output is terrible.

it sounds like magnetic tape to me. the difference in quality when using optical out for sounds is very night and day on a decent pair of headphones.

Whilst it certainly isn't audiophile quality it's more than adequate through my B&O headphones for a bit of late night bish bosh.

My PS4 is far too noisy (fan noise). Compared it to my nephew's and his is quiet while mine is a jet in the same game. Plenty of ventilation here too.

My question is can I swap over the HDD from the old to the replacement PS4 without any issues? Saves having to install/download games again.

My PS4 is far too noisy (fan noise). Compared it to my nephew's and his is quiet while mine is a jet in the same game. Plenty of ventilation here too.

My question is can I swap over the HDD from the old to the replacement PS4 without any issues? Saves having to install/download games again.

No, it will get formatted in the new PS4.

Back
Top Bottom