*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

I've been looking into the Q701's because I want something better for film and music as the AD700's are (as you already know) purely a gaming headset. Have to convince the wife that £260 is a reasonable price to pay for a set!

Sonny why do you own so many headsets though? Surely you have no need for that many? I would have thought you'd sell an inferior pair in order to step up to a superior pair. I'd understand having one backup set, but to own so many? Why?

This is what people who don't have a clue about headphones ask all the time. Why have so many?

They all do different jobs.

HD25-1 II is my rugged portable pair. I use them outside of the house when I can throw them in a bag and not have to worry about them breaking. So i use them on flights, etc.

Momentums is my stylish portable pair. I use them on the train, out and about when I want a pair that looks good and sounds good.

DT770's - these are my only closed pair of headphones I use in the home. They are to big to use as a portable pair. They are for when someone else is in the room and I don't want to disturb them.

HD558 - this is my main gaming pair of headphones. they are open, easy to power and suit gaming very well. there is a mod you can do which removes some foam and turns them into HD598's for free.

Q701 - this is my extra special gaming pair - these are very hard to drive so much so I need to double amp them. i need to use a mixamp as well as a schiit vali to drive them. i only use these if competitively gaming but tbh i haven't used them much at all i use the hd558's for convenience.

HD600 - these are for reference studio quality music. a true audiophiles headphone. music sounds sublime through these especially mids and vocals.

HD700 - the bigger brother of the HD600. it's just a bit more refined.

I will buy an fidelio x2 in future because of it's warm fun signature. it will be my movie headphone for when I want to watch a movie and not disturb anyone else.

I've been looking into the Q701's because I want something better for film and music as the AD700's are (as you already know) purely a gaming headset. Have to convince the wife that £260 is a reasonable price to pay for a set!

buy the K702's - £148 on amazon and the same headphone near enough - just doesn't have the bumps on the headband

I paid £90 for my Q701's brand new from massdrop and then £35 shipping and customs.

At the time though they were £300 on amazon.

https://www.massdrop.com/r/6HW75F

click on that and sign up for some really good deals on audio from time to time, even sell mechanical keyboards, etc too. i paid £90 for my Q701's from there.

I got my q701's off the members market, must admit I don't really use them much, I use them mainly if I watch a film or listen to music at night so I don't disturb anyone.

Only thing is the headband is very uncomfortable after a while.

buy the K702's - £148 on amazon and the same headphone near enough - just doesn't have the bumps on the headband

I paid £90 for my Q701's brand new from massdrop and then £35 shipping and customs.

At the time though they were £300 on amazon.

https://www.massdrop.com/r/6HW75F

click on that and sign up for some really good deals on audio from time to time, even sell mechanical keyboards, etc too. i paid £90 for my Q701's from there.

I'll look into it cheers.

I got my q701's off the members market, must admit I don't really use them much, I use them mainly if I watch a film or listen to music at night so I don't disturb anyone.

Only thing is the headband is very uncomfortable after a while.

I read about the knobly headband being uncomfortable on these so I might go for the others that sonny suggested. Research so far is almost unanimously positive on the K702's so they could be a winner.

Last edited:
If you're hearing is so good, why does someone need to tell you that your Q701's are just as good...

are you simple?

Because I have never owned AD700's. Or do you have some sort of special power that allows you to listen to headphones you have never owned or seen in real life?

So therefore someone who owned both and listened to both extensively was the next best thing to me hearing both of them. ;)

are you simple?

Because I have never owned AD700's. Or do you have some sort of special power that allows you to listen to headphones you have never owned or seen in real life?

So therefore someone who owned both and listened to both extensively was the next best thing to me hearing both of them. ;)

If it's that simple, why do you believe that wise sage and not listen to EVERYBODY on here telling you that there's nothing wrong with the PS4 controller headphone output. :confused:

It's incredibly dull, when it's been proven in blind tests that 99% of people can't tell the difference between most audiophile products.

Last edited:
Source please. I'm not an audiophile by any means but if I couldn't tell the difference between my current headphones and a £10 pair I'd be off to the doctors.

are you simple?

Take it to your dedicated thread please.

It gets boring seeing you repeat :

1) Ps4 controller audio is crap.
2) I own x, x, x, x, headphones
3) Quotes of retail prices when you bought all of them through discount websites or imports.
4) links to headfi.org

Maybe it's just me.....?

rp2000

This is what people who don't have a clue about headphones ask all the time. Why have so many?

HD25-1 II is my rugged portable pair. I use them outside of the house when I can throw them in a bag and not have to worry about them breaking. So i use them on flights, etc.

Momentums is my stylish portable pair. I use them on the train, out and about when I want a pair that looks good and sounds good.

DT770's - these are my only closed pair of headphones I use in the home. They are to big to use as a portable pair. They are for when someone else is in the room and I don't want to disturb them.

HD558 - this is my main gaming pair of headphones. they are open, easy to power and suit gaming very well. there is a mod you can do which removes some foam and turns them into HD598's for free.

Q701 - this is my extra special gaming pair - these are very hard to drive so much so I need to double amp them. i need to use a mixamp as well as a schiit vali to drive them. i only use these if competitively gaming but tbh i haven't used them much at all i use the hd558's for convenience.

HD600 - these are for reference studio quality music. a true audiophiles headphone. music sounds sublime through these especially mids and vocals.

I will buy an fidelio x2 in future because of it's warm fun signature. it will be my movie headphone for when I want to watch a movie and not disturb anyone else.

I see. Might have to upgrade my turtle beach when i can afford to. Until then forever audio pleb :(

lol wut! The mind boggles!

Back
Top Bottom