*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Quick question. On the Japanese ps4's I've read O is confirm and X is back can this be changed? As well as change on the screen? I've read you can change the buttons in the settings but they won't change on the screen.

Secondly, should I buy the batman edition ps4, wait till the mgsV is out which is meant to be newer and sap 8% less power or get the nice Japanese ff edition that I've just seen.

Quick question. On the Japanese ps4's I've read O is confirm and X is back can this be changed? As well as change on the screen? I've read you can change the buttons in the settings but they won't change on the screen.

You can assign different buttons in the OS settings so you can make O become X physically but as far as I know, the actual action of pressing O to confirm is not changeable on Japanese releases. Like we can't change from X.

You can assign different buttons in the OS settings so you can make O become X physically but as far as I know, the actual action of pressing O to confirm is not changeable on Japanese releases. Like we can't change from X.

Ah right thanks for that. Not sure whether to wait for the MGS or buy the red Japanese one.

Is this due to receive any price cuts soon? I see the 1TB model is now about so the 500GB should hopefully come down in price. I really should have snapped on that ridiculous amazon deal with 3 games for £270 or whatever it was.

Also, I only have a 720p TV, is it worth picking up a 1080p set second hand on the cheap somewhere for the PS4?

Is this due to receive any price cuts soon? I see the 1TB model is now about so the 500GB should hopefully come down in price. I really should have snapped on that ridiculous amazon deal with 3 games for £270 or whatever it was.

Also, I only have a 720p TV, is it worth picking up a 1080p set second hand on the cheap somewhere for the PS4?

I would just get a monitor, I find gaming on a monitor is way better then a tv, really low response times and so on.

I play on a monitor, Far far better picture quality than my Panny plasma or LCD tv's. If I wan't to large it up I play on the projector and do it properly :D

What monitor and what plasma? Because a panny plasma is as good as it gets picture quality wise.

I used to game on my GT50 but now I mainly use a gaming monitor. Nothing to do with picture quality but image retention.

As for people saying do it properly and go large screen, etc. It's all relative my 50" plasma is 8 feet away. my 24" monitor is 2-3 feet away. it's the same thing really. but the further your screen is away from you the better it is for eye strain.

as for the 1080p debate it all depends on how far you sit away from your tv. most wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 1080p and 720p depending on the size of tv and distance they are away from it.

the larger the screen and the closer you sit makes 1080p more important.

if you have the cash then buy a 1080p screen but if you don't using it on a 720p isn't going to be be hugely different obviously it's better and i would advise purchasing one.

you could pick up a set second hand now for a good price.

Or just buy a TV with a low response time. Why would you want to play ps4 on an itty bitty monitor? Stick it up on a 60" like you're supposed to!

Back when I got my ps4, I had to use a monitor for a period of time, a Asus and it was IMO dreadful. It just all looked totally washed out.

I now use a Sony 48" 1080p TV and provided you set up full RGB correctly it is fantastic. I simply cannot recommend a Sony TV for gaming enough. Excellent image and as added bonus you can use a Sony tv remote with your ps4 as well..

I find modes like "Game Mode" cause more issues than they fix. I use "Movie" mode on my Samsung with the settings tweaked to my liking. Cannot say I have ever noticed any input lag.

Back
Top Bottom