*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ps4-500gb-black-console-269-99-simply-games-2234835

That should do it, then you can buy your own games of choice ....

Thanks, I forgot there was a matte versions coming out shortly so I might wait a little bit for that one. :)

why would you buy that when for 15 more you get this?

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pla...mited-edition-285-delivered-amazon-de-2235653

limited edition console + snazzy controller + batman game (which you can sell on if it's not your thing for £25+ easily)

Don't fancy a Batman themed PS4 thanks... :p

actually in UK console cost more then here.

we have PS4 cheapest as 349€ = 249 quid.

PS4 + BLOODBORNE + 20 € COUPON = 394,99 = 279 quid

:)

price for games aren't so good here.

actually in UK console cost more then here.

we have PS4 cheapest as 349€ = 249 quid.

PS4 + BLOODBORNE + 20 € COUPON = 394,99 = 279 quid

:)

price for games aren't so good here.

Converted cost has always been higher, but the Euro is at it's lowest for 6 or more years so it's worth it for UK buyers to consider EU online stores at the minute.

I didn't even realise the rates had went so high until people were saying the 400Euro option was a good deal last week. Last time I checked Euros it was 1.12 vs £. lol

It's 1.4+ now and I only went to EU 12 months ago. Quite a change!

I've since noticed some other products I buy are currently cheaper to import

Just stripped my PS4 down and gave it a clean and re-paste. It's quiet a bit quiter now as well. It was a mess inside the factory application of paste was awful......

It's fairly simple to disassemble as well....

Does anybody have problems with updates sometimes not downloading in standby mode? I came home from work yesterday and put Arkham Knight in so it'd install and download the update. Got home last night and it hadn't downloaded anything :confused::mad: And, yes, I have my PS4 set to install updates in standby mode. And, yes, I've set it to connect to the internet in standby mode :p

I get this too. Some things will only start downloading once I log in and some things will already be down and installed. Seems random. I'm talking about game updates not system updates. No idea why!

I get this too. Some things will only start downloading once I log in and some things will already be down and installed. Seems random. I'm talking about game updates not system updates. No idea why!

I'm pretty sure the reason for this is that it only periodically checks for updates while it's in rest mode (at least once a day) and won't receive them instantly the moment they are available. Presumably the reason for this is they don't want several million idle consoles all requesting the patch at the same time. It will also only auto-update the most recently played games, I'm not sure on the exact number it'll will check for.

Essentially if a patch is released at 11am but your console isn't scheduled to next check for updates automatically until 1am the following day it won't have the patch automatically installed for you should you use the console that evening (and then logging into the console triggers all these processes instantly hence why you then receive all the pending updates). But if you didn't use it until the following evening then it should be installed.

My friend just got a PS4 after me badgering them for ages.

We organised to play Saints Row 4 tonight after getting their PS4 up and running the previous night - ensuring party chat worked etc.

So today we both login. PS4 update! Typical. I updated no problem. They downloaded the update, the console rebooted then said the update failed error SU-30631-3 (USB failure???). Then they were stuck with a non-booting PS4.

So off to the internet and figured out how to do a factory reset.

Manages that but then tries to download the update and gets the same error when trying to update it.

Not a good start to their PS4 experience :mad:

Any ideas?

Looking at other posts with this problem, I've got a nasty feeling that it's going to have to be replaced....

Back
Top Bottom