*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

I find modes like "Game Mode" cause more issues than they fix. I use "Movie" mode on my Samsung with the settings tweaked to my liking. Cannot say I have ever noticed any input lag.

I also made a mistake getting a samsung thinking the game mode will suffice,but i now use my ps4 on a 24" monitor ,much cheaper and better all round...except for sound

For some reason my screen is all messed up. Not changed any settings but it's like the picture is set to be on a bigger tv and all the text is stretched and things are off screen. Weird.

Edit: tv was set to wide zoom. Oops

Last edited:
In 2 minds to buy one. i have no need for one yet when I am bored I want to game lol. My friends all play Xbox but I dislike Xbox, wanted it for Farcry 4/gta5 as they're the only games I want to play.

game mode disables all the image enhancing/processing crap that messes with the image. by reducing all the extras is how it managed to reduce the latency. so by having game mode on it should have a more natural image not a worse one.

my tv in game mode is about 30-40ms lag, without game mode it's about double that and i can actually see the lag. i press on the controller and it takes some time to register on screen. in game mode it happens as if it were instant on the screen.

all decent new tvs have very low lag nowadays apart from 4k ones iirc.

Back
Top Bottom