*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Ps4 has failed me today as a multimedia device, requiring massive updates on my brothers console, then downloading a media player, 2 restarts, then failing to play an mp4 on a USB (Which my dad's simple blu ray player and xbox one can play fine).

It also doesnt even consider seeing the USB input and suggesting downloading the media player unless you're on a psn online account.

Won't ever be bothering with one as a multimedia device.

Last edited:
Ps4 has failed me today as a multimedia device, requiring massive updates on my brothers console, then downloading a media player, 2 restarts, then failing to play an mp4 on a USB (Which my dad's simple blu ray player and xbox one can play fine).

It also doesnt even consider seeing the USB input and suggesting downloading the media player unless you're on a psn online account.

Won't ever be bothering with one as a multimedia device.

Good thing it plays games too then.

How long does it take for a replacement PS4 if I send it in for repair? I was quoted around 2 weeks but i'm just curious if that's accurate or they deliberately give a conservative estimate. I've had the disc eject issue for around 3 months now and I decided I may as well get it sent back before its warranty expires.

Finally got my own copy of GTA V, and someone at work has bought me a copy of Batman: Arkham Knight after rescuing his family photos and videos from his YLOD PS3.

Between those 2 and some Planetside 2 - That's my weekend sorted, although sure the wife has other ideas!

How long does it take for a replacement PS4 if I send it in for repair? I was quoted around 2 weeks but i'm just curious if that's accurate or they deliberately give a conservative estimate. I've had the disc eject issue for around 3 months now and I decided I may as well get it sent back before its warranty expires.

brb just getting my crystal ball out

They used to do swpa outs for ps3. Faulty ps3 collected. Working ps3 delivered at the same time as collection. Has it now changed for ps4.

As for getting out, well its only sunny till 9:30 lol what to do after sun goes in lol ...

I have had to send mine back twice and both times I got a replacement in 1-2 weeks.

I have had to send mine back twice and both times I got a replacement in 1-2 weeks.

This is how you answer a question.

brb just getting my crystal ball out

This is not how you answer a question

When I got my PS4 exchanged due to a fault they did the collection/drop off thing. That was only a month after launch.

2 days after phoning Sony, someone came to my house with a new PS4 and took the old one away.

Seems they no longer do this then which is a shame, I didn't have a spare hard drive to do a backup with so im going to have a bit of a mare reinstalling everything again

I guess what the guy was saying on the phone was accurate then....2 weeks it is, it's not entirely a bad thing as I can do without the distraction.

I sent my PS4 off for repair/replacement two weeks ago. I had a problem where my ps4 would switch itself back off around one second after I turned it on. They provided me with the postage to print out but I had to buy my own box and bubble wrap. I sent it off on the Thursday and I received it back the following Friday, so it took a week and one day overall.

Seems they no longer do this then which is a shame, I didn't have a spare hard drive to do a backup with so im going to have a bit of a mare reinstalling everything again

I guess what the guy was saying on the phone was accurate then....2 weeks it is, it's not entirely a bad thing as I can do without the distraction.

Ah that's a bit of a shame - guess it was just launch support at the time then.
But yeah 1-2 weeks isn't bad and it's best to get it sorted

Back
Top Bottom