*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Must say I seem to get some odd problems with my ps4 very radomly.

Last night put my ps4 into rest mode like always, this morning noticed the PS4 was turned off completely.
Tried turning on from ds4 no luck, managed to get it going after a few presses and beeps from the PS4 power button.
came up with checking storage and then the usual "you never turned off ps4 correctly" message.

Seems fine now but what gives with such random problems.:(

Isn't this a known issue with rest mode? I've had times where my console will just not awaken from rest mode and my only option is to turn the system off (holding it until it beeps) and then turning back on.

I did use rest mode over the weekend though since I was away from home. I was connecting via remote play and everything seemed to work fine.

Last night put my ps4 into rest mode like always, this morning noticed the PS4 was turned off completely.
Tried turning on from ds4 no luck, managed to get it going after a few presses and beeps from the PS4 power button.
came up with checking storage and then the usual "you never turned off ps4 correctly" message.

Power cut?

ps3ud0 :cool:

Never thought of that, but other devices seemed fine, often some of my stuff auto turns on after power cuts like my bluray player.
Yeah thought you might say that, something must have had happened for it to switch itself off - I think it has an error log somewhere but I doubt youd find that very useful to trawl through.

Keep an eye on it and if it happens again then Id consider replacing it. Out of interest what game was suspended?

My experience of rest mode has been surprisingly positive (dont think its failed once or acted up once resumed other than Destiny sometimes needing to be restarted), not a feature I considered useful til the big SP games turned up

Last edited:
Mines been playing silly buggers lately also, turning into rest mode it stays flashing white light, i have to pull the power then let it go through it's safety start up, happend a few times now.

most worrying was last night, popped Batman in and i could hear the disc spinning but it would not show it on the XMB thing, it would only read after another power cycle.

Just pre-ordered mine. Don't know if this is a stupid question but will this be compatible with all FPS games (and others). I ask as I will mainly be buying for Star Wars Battlefront and joypads work differently to M&KB and therefore want to make sure that you don't need devs to enable it or anything.

All this is doing is mapping the controller inputs to the mouse and keyboard ie. left stick is mapped to the arrows, and the right stick is mapped to the mouse.

Because of this it should work with any game however this isn't true native mouse input if that's what your expecting, this is just allowing you to control the right stick with the mouse. It'll probably feel awful.

Just pre-ordered mine. Don't know if this is a stupid question but will this be compatible with all FPS games (and others). I ask as I will mainly be buying for Star Wars Battlefront and joypads work differently to M&KB and therefore want to make sure that you don't need devs to enable it or anything.

Probably work with most game's as it mimics the Dual shocks analogue sticks, how good it does this though is yet to be seen, With the W10 launch on Xbox one and being able to use K/M set up's i hope PS4 gets the same, if every one can do it, then no one can moan it's cheating.

Edit, just beaten to it.

You know I agree I get same issues you report. I've since rebuilt my database and I'm seeing how this goes... My what's new is my biggest gripe. Never loads correctly when coming out of rest mode, log off and back on sgisn. What's new loads. Annoying

Yeah thought you might say that, something must have had happened for it to switch itself off - I think it has an error log somewhere but I doubt youd find that very useful to trawl through.

Keep an eye on it and if it happens again then Id consider replacing it. Out of interest what game was suspended?

My experience of rest mode has been surprisingly positive (dont think its failed once or acted up once resumed other than Destiny sometimes needing to be restarted), not a feature I considered useful til the big SP games turned up

No game was suspended, but I do have the feature on, seen as i dont use it that feature I might turn it off.

You know I agree I get same issues you report. I've since rebuilt my database and I'm seeing how this goes... My what's new is my biggest gripe. Never loads correctly when coming out of rest mode, log off and back on sgisn. What's new loads. Annoying

I had the what's new issue as well but it's been fine since I put a 2tb into my ps4 a month ago.
I guess a complete reinstallation of the firmware fixed something, for now anyway!

By chance have you seen or read up about the Xim4? as it will use nearly any keyboard and mouse and enable you to map them to use on a ps4\xbone. Been using one for a while now and when setup correctly (can use a smartphone or pc to edit things on the fly) its near identical to playing on a PC control wise with a feel of 1:1 mouse input :)

Huge psn summer sale, see far cry 4 , and dragon age on sale, amongst loads of others. Tempted by dragon age, heard some good reports from those who played it...

Drying light is still rather expensive mind but blood borne is on sale, despite it being a rock hard game it is a bloody good game, once where I ran out of talent lol

PS+ games for August:
PS4
Lara Croft And The Temple Of Osiris
Limbo
Sound Shapes
Stealth Inc 2: A Game Of Clones

PS3
Sound Shapes
Stealth Inc 2: A Game Of Clones
God of War Ascension
Castlestorm

PS Vita