*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Anyone know why the PS4 is so noisy? I bought a new PS4 and played Project Cars and it was noisy as hell. It starts off quiet then gets progressively noisier. I wasn't even doing anything taxing. I just left the game on a menu screen for several minutes and the thing was like a vacuum cleaner.

Both my PS4's only emit a low pitch hum (fan noise) after prolonged gaming sessions. It is in no way intrusive and can't be heard over the sound of the game or film being played. If the console really does sound like a vacuum cleaner then I would look at getting it replaced.

loads of info a few pages back but it probably needs opening up, cleaning and possibly thermal paste replacing

There is no way I would even consider this course of action if the PS4 is acting as described and is still under warranty.

2tb drive was the best investment I made for my ps4... I've installed every single game I own including ps+ games I intend to play or have played. Still got 800gb remaining....

Enjoy the extras space : -)

Is the PS4 now able to address more than a 1TB HDD? I read somewhere a while back that the OS wouldn't be able to use 2TB.

Calked sony support today to see of the mgs5 limited edition console is new new cuh1200. They didn't know for certain but he indicated it might not be.. rgrgrrrr... might cancel pre order if it's not. The cynic in me says sony eu flushing the last of old stock via these edutions...dang..

Calked sony support today to see of the mgs5 limited edition console is new new cuh1200. They didn't know for certain but he indicated it might not be.. rgrgrrrr... might cancel pre order if it's not. The cynic in me says sony eu flushing the last of old stock via these edutions...dang..

Ouch. I didn't even know this was a thing until the other day. I don't think I will be cancelling mine as the current ones are just fine surely?

There is a lot of discussion on UKHD about what model it will be. Hideo Kojima confirmed it will be CUH-1200 in Japan, but no retailer that anyone has contacted so far knows for sure. Hopefully it's confirmed before the money is taken from our accounts and then we can make a decision.

Last edited:
Ouch. I didn't even know this was a thing until the other day. I don't think I will be cancelling mine as the current ones are just fine surely?

There is a lot of discussion on UKHD about what model it will be. Hideo Kojima confirmed it will be CUH-1200 in Japan, but no retailer that anyone has contacted so far knows for sure. Hopefully it's confirmed before the money is taken from our accounts and then we can make a decision.

I know I've been following the hduk discussion amd on psn forum. Fact is it should be a cuh1200 but i suspect that Sony might try to dump the last of the old stock on us in this way knowing it will still sell through.

I want ps4 but want it to be the latest version to be fair.

I know I've been following the hduk discussion amd on psn forum. Fact is it should be a cuh1200 but i suspect that Sony might try to dump the last of the old stock on us in this way knowing it will still sell through.

I want ps4 but want it to be the latest version to be fair.

I doubt it's a case of "dumping stock", it'll be down to whether the new model was in production for Europe at the time the MGS consoles were being manufactured. Most people will never know the difference between versions nor know which one they have.

When all said and done, does it even matter? The current consoles have shown themselves to be pretty reliable so there's no real issue. Granted, there's the fact that buying a new one should mean you get the latest revision available but ultimately you're only buying it for how it looks anyway otherwise you'd be getting a black one. :p

I'm thinking of buying a couple of games from the psn summer sale. Question is, if (when) psn goes down can I still play ps store purchased games or am I better with disc based?

I'm thinking of buying a couple of games from the psn summer sale. Question is, if (when) psn goes down can I still play ps store purchased games or am I better with disc based?

As long as your PS4 is set as your primary console you can play digital games without an internet connection / when PSN is down.

I doubt it's a case of "dumping stock", it'll be down to whether the new model was in production for Europe at the time the MGS consoles were being manufactured. Most people will never know the difference between versions nor know which one they have.

When all said and done, does it even matter? The current consoles have shown themselves to be pretty reliable so there's no real issue. Granted, there's the fact that buying a new one should mean you get the latest revision available but ultimately you're only buying it for how it looks anyway otherwise you'd be getting a black one. :p

True that. I've ordered the same MGS5 bundle, just for the Limited Edition console and because I found a great deal on it. I think The Running Man ordered his from the same place, so I guess it's the same model. But here's the thing. I plan on buying and playing the PC version of the game (I want to make the most of my recently built rig). Thus I won't be opening and/or installing my PS4 when it arrives. Though I have debated whether or not to forgo the PC version and just enjoy it on the PS4?

There's also the issue of space and power sockets, my set-up currently can't accommodate another system. I have considered moving the X360 downstairs, but that would require fishing out the old component cable since the downstairs TV doesn't have HDMI ports spare. Or perhaps if I get an extra long HDMI cable I can install a console at the desk next to the bed and run the cable across the room. I've already got an ethernet cable installed at that desk.

So here's my question for Sony fans and PS4 owners. What exclusives are there on PS4 worth buying right now (or within the next few months)?

I'm not fond of stuff like Last of Us PS4, since I still have my PS3 (the same game is cheaper) and I won't be putting it away and replacing it with the PS4 like most folks have. Only because the PS4 isn't backwards compatible. I'm fine with collections and things, I've yet to buy any of the Uncharted games on PS3 for example. I want a reason to justify my purchase of a PS4, I've wanted a reason since E3 last year got me excited about the system's capabilities.

If it turns out that I never find a reason to use it, then I might sell it on or something. I've been very prone to impulse buys this past year. Oh and apologies for the long post, it's been a while since I've posted in these forums.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom