*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

heat isn't an issue, the hard drive is outside of the console in it's own compartment.

in fact i'm willing to be the console is actually running cooler than normal as there is no hard drive inside it anymore.

Yeah, I see where you are coming from.

Went for this 2TB external Seagate now £60 and includes a £5 off voucher at Argos. I originally had it ordered on Amazon, but cancelled it.

Xf8lMUT.jpg

No more juggling and deleting games for the foreseeable!

Last edited:
2tb drive was the best investment I made for my ps4... I've installed every single game I own including ps+ games I intend to play or have played. Still got 800gb remaining....

Enjoy the extras space : -)

I'm strongly thinking about getting a PS4, but I dunno whether to get the 500MB one with a bundle, which I can get for like £300. Or should I invest in the more expensive 1TB one?

Or maybe wait a bit longer and get the 1TB one when they start doing that one in bundles?

2tb drive was the best investment I made for my ps4... I've installed every single game I own including ps+ games I intend to play or have played. Still got 800gb remaining....

Enjoy the extras space : -)

It's great and after 6 hours the painful experience of downloading all the game updates all over again is nearing an end! Probably chosen the worst day and time of the week to do this.

Last edited:
I'm strongly thinking about getting a PS4, but I dunno whether to get the 500MB one with a bundle, which I can get for like £300. Or should I invest in the more expensive 1TB one?

Or maybe wait a bit longer and get the 1TB one when they start doing that one in bundles?

500GB one in a bundle and £60 Argos 2TB Hard Drive - if you get 1TB then at some point you will still want to upgrade.

It's great and after 6 hours the painful experience of downloading all the game updates all over again is nearing an end! Probably chosen the worst day and time of the week to do this.

Agreed - Almost as painful as the time it took to back up (though it would save time downloading - but backing up 180GB seemed to take about 2 Hours anyway)

Is it still the STBX2000401 external that people are buying to get internal HDD to put into the PS4? Just noticed Seagate have a released a new external model (STEA2000400) that replaces it and wondering if that would work

ps3ud0 :cool:

Is it still the STBX2000401 external that people are buying to get internal HDD to put into the PS4? Just noticed Seagate have a released a new external model (STEA2000400) that replaces it and wondering if that would work

The newer model is the one that I pickdd up at Argos. It fits and works perfectly after extracting it from the case.

Ah ok - might do the same - easy enough to open it and reuse it as an enclosure for the old PS4 drive? Seems to look like only the top lifts off...

Yeah... it's the same drive inside. As I said, the newer model of the external 2TB Seagate fits and works fine inside the PS4.

I canceled my order of the older one as Amazon had a lead time of a few days. Argos are showing the older one in their product photo, but they are actually selling the newer version. No issues with it. Just use a small flat head screw driver to pop the lid off the case. It's totally reusable afterwards, just place a drive back in and snap the lid back on.

Last edited:
Anyone know why the PS4 is so noisy? I bought a new PS4 and played Project Cars and it was noisy as hell. It starts off quiet then gets progressively noisier. I wasn't even doing anything taxing. I just left the game on a menu screen for several minutes and the thing was like a vacuum cleaner.

Anyone know why the PS4 is so noisy? I bought a new PS4 and played Project Cars and it was noisy as hell. It starts off quiet then gets progressively noisier. I wasn't even doing anything taxing. I just left the game on a menu screen for several minutes and the thing was like a vacuum cleaner.

is it in a confined space?

how hot is your room?

anything hot nearby?

it also depends on the game destiny my ps4 is silent, rocket league however it's quite noisy in comparison but not hoover noisy.

loads of info a few pages back but it probably needs opening up, cleaning and possibly thermal paste replacing

Back
Top Bottom