*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Any tips on getting little big planet 3 stable, it's crashed out so many times data is corrupt etc reinstalled still crashes etc seems a wide spread problem but no fixes

Associate
sony have a history of people complaining about public firmware updates killing their console.

therefore imo you would have to be stupid to beta test their "in the works" firmware.

Also is the suggested rollout of the beta not the day after MGS5 comes out? There are too many awesome games coming out over that period so I wouldn't want to risk problems.

28/08 - Until Dawn
01/09 - MGS5
02/09 - Beta Firmware
04/09 - Nobunaga's Ambition and the new Danganronpa game.

Soldato
Amazon has the 1TB PS4 for £299.99, without any games bundled.

Think its time I went for it? Or should I hold out a little longer, maybe till Christmas time, when they might start doing 1TB bundles?

Soldato
Is Rest Mode bugged? Whenever I turn my console back on from being in Rest Mode I seem to keep getting the message that I hadn't turned it off properly.

I tracked this down to ps+ cloud storage. Due to hitting the storage limits in the cloud I believe.. I just turned off cloud uploading and never had this issue since..

I use a 2tb HD.

Caporegime
what size is your hard drive. rest mode doesn't like large drives

Just the standard 500GB drive.

I tracked this down to ps+ cloud storage. Due to hitting the storage limits in the cloud I believe.. I just turned off cloud uploading and never had this issue since..

I use a 2tb HD.

I've only got three game save files in my cloud storage so it's definitely not that. At least other people are having the same problem though. It doesn't happen every time, just often.

Caporegime
OP
you could always initialise the system from safe mode and re-install the latest firmware and load everything back up to see if it's a dodgy install.

otherwise it could be a dodgy psu or chip in the system.

the only thing i've read about messing with rest mode is large drives don't like it for some reason (they probably consume more power than what the standby likes to pull?).

tbh though i never use it unless i need to download something. so it gets used rarely i just turn it off.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had it for a while after one of the dodgy updates. I did a database rebuild and it fixed the issue. I always go for this option first, seems to work out OK most of the time when things start playing up.

Soldato
Do pre-orders auto download if PS4 is in rest mode?

I have 5mbps connection and would rather MGSV start to download the second preload starts cause its gonna take me well over 12 hours to download.

Yes they do.... Once it pops up on the dash it'll start to download. Even if in rest mode. Well it has done for me anyhow.

Soldato
guys, if I want to upgrade the HDD in my PS4, is it a regular 2.5" SATA?

and what happened to all my saved games and install? Do I need to do them all over again, as in put all my discs back in?

You can use an external USB drive to backup all the existing saves, downloads, and game data etc, be warned its slow...

And long as the new drive is not over 2 tb ( as larger drives don't play well with rest mode etc ) and is 9.5mm or thinner and a ssta 2.5 " then you're good to go..

Back
Top Bottom